Talk

Advanced search

Sharps wardrobe

(10 Posts)
rogertherabbit Mon 26-Jun-17 12:27:45

We have an alcove in one bedroom, I'm thinking about getting a wardrobe built in to utilise space. Can I ask if anyone has used Sharps and can tell me roughly what it cost for one alcove? The space is probably about 1.5m wide so not a massive space

Thanks!

computerscream Mon 26-Jun-17 12:33:29

I got a quote recently to turn a cupboard into a walkin. They said it'd take less than a day but quote was £3.5k. Insane. They use mdf ffs! (And that was on 'sale' plus some sort of other discount - should have been £9k apparently hmm )

Get a quote and get them to draw up the plans then get someone else to do it

StumpyScot92 Mon 26-Jun-17 12:38:27

I used to work in a furniture shop with a sharps concession stand and was friendly with them (there were only 3 employees from my store and 2 from theres, not a large shop). Avoid them like the plague tbh. Even the people who worked there said it wasn't worth the money even with their discount. Also seen far more complaints than customers come in.

A good local joiner will do a better job for probably less money.

ChaoticKate Mon 26-Jun-17 12:39:16

I clicked on this thread thinking I was going to read an AIBU about a certain swashbuckling rifles officer's sartorial choices. I admit to being a bit disappointed.

peachgreen Mon 26-Jun-17 12:40:28

Personally I'd get a local joiner in to make and fit some bespoke doors and buy rails "off the shelf" so to speak.

myusernamewastaken Mon 26-Jun-17 12:42:21

As a pp above said get a loca joiner or carpenter round to quote...i never use big companies like this....guaranteed to rip you off.

Redsippycup Mon 26-Jun-17 12:45:15

Me too Kate grin

rogertherabbit Mon 26-Jun-17 12:45:56

£3.5k!!! Crazy. Local joiner sounds a better option. Sorry Kate, much more boring

possumgoddess Mon 26-Jun-17 12:57:28

I have just had a local carpenter fit wardrobes into 2 of my bedrooms. £750 for floor to ceiling wardrobes, 3 door, one shelf and hanging rail. He would have put in whatever fittings I wanted but obviously that would have cost more. I would say well worth getting a quote from a local carpenter/joiner.

possumgoddess Mon 26-Jun-17 12:57:52

That was £750 each - in case you were wondering!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now