Talk

Advanced search

To think further adult education is for the rich!

(4 Posts)
TheMummyDragon Mon 26-Jun-17 11:56:37

Ok so I'm 30 so am classes as an adult learner. 😂

I wanted to do a course at college but the more I'm looking at it, the more infeasible it seems.

It's nearly £1500 for the course and it's full time which means reducing my hours at work considerably so £££ in all areas.

I have been to uni to do a HND 12 years ago and did the 2 years and had higher education student loans then so I don't think I'm eligible for any loans etc.

Is this is then? How do people afford to 'better themselves' when it's this expensive? Any advice would be appreciated!

Velvetbee Mon 26-Jun-17 11:59:15

Have you looked at the Open University. It is much more expensive than it used to be but you could do 1 unit at a time and keep working.

Sofabitch Mon 26-Jun-17 11:59:16

If its a level 3 course you should get the adult learner grant.

You are entitled to 4 years student finance. So should have 2 years left.

So you can probably get most of it funded.

If yoy cant afford to quit your job find a part time option. Generally universities only want evidencenof recent study for a mature student.

TheMummyDragon Mon 26-Jun-17 12:43:33

I read this, I don't think I'm eligible as the course I want to do it a level 2 diploma and I have a HND so it's a lower level of education.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now