Advanced search

To think further adult education is for the rich!

(4 Posts)
TheMummyDragon Mon 26-Jun-17 11:56:37

Ok so I'm 30 so am classes as an adult learner. 😂

I wanted to do a course at college but the more I'm looking at it, the more infeasible it seems.

It's nearly £1500 for the course and it's full time which means reducing my hours at work considerably so £££ in all areas.

I have been to uni to do a HND 12 years ago and did the 2 years and had higher education student loans then so I don't think I'm eligible for any loans etc.

Is this is then? How do people afford to 'better themselves' when it's this expensive? Any advice would be appreciated!

Velvetbee Mon 26-Jun-17 11:59:15

Have you looked at the Open University. It is much more expensive than it used to be but you could do 1 unit at a time and keep working.

Sofabitch Mon 26-Jun-17 11:59:16

If its a level 3 course you should get the adult learner grant.

You are entitled to 4 years student finance. So should have 2 years left.

So you can probably get most of it funded.

If yoy cant afford to quit your job find a part time option. Generally universities only want evidencenof recent study for a mature student.

TheMummyDragon Mon 26-Jun-17 12:43:33

I read this, I don't think I'm eligible as the course I want to do it a level 2 diploma and I have a HND so it's a lower level of education.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: