Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What would you cook?

(7 Posts)
Fieryfighter Sat 24-Jun-17 14:13:22

Posting for traffic!

Hot date tonight, am cooking for us and can't decide what to make! I need to do stressing about it and get to the shops!

Considering chicken chasseur, beef bourginion or Vietnamese chicken curry (these are my best tried and tested which are reliably pretty damn good. Not very summery but really cold here!

Help please MN'ers

FrizzyTizzy Sat 24-Jun-17 14:17:39

Vietnamese chicken curry sounds amazing!

TheStoic Sat 24-Jun-17 14:18:27

Do you enjoy cooking? What is quickest and easiest for you?

peachgreen Sat 24-Jun-17 14:20:39

Nigella Lawson's mirin glazed salmon is the most delicious think I've ever cooked, and SO easy. It was the first thing I cooked for DH and it definitely worked! In this weather I'd do it with a nice Asian salad instead of rice and maybe do a bit of extra glaze as a dressing - or just use soy and sesame oil. https://www.nigella.com/recipes/mirin-glazed-salmon

Hotheadwheresthecoldbath Sat 24-Jun-17 14:21:37

How long have you known your date?
Would go with the curry if they like curry the others are more comfort type meals for a longer established relationship.
Just my opinion.Good to do meals that take little prep unless it's an open plan kitchen then you can impress or terrify him/her with your knife skills!

ErrolTheDragon Sat 24-Jun-17 14:29:06

Depends how hot the date is and how garlicky each recipe is!grinbut apart from that, the chicken curry is the less wintery choice.

Fieryfighter Sat 24-Jun-17 14:30:51

I love cooking, I've got tons of recipes I could do to be honest but tried to whittle down to the ones that have always had the best comments. Open plan kitchen so yes can impress hopefully whilst he sits opposite so we can chat and have a drink while I cook but equally these all once made just sit bubbling on the hob or in oven so don't need much tending.

It's a sixth date and all going very well. I know he doesn't like very hot curries but that one is mild and very flavorful and it's also quite likely to be something he's never had before. However I wonder if the others are safer?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now