Talk

Advanced search

Help with dilemma please

(6 Posts)
DilemmaMum Fri 23-Jun-17 21:51:04

I feel I am being unreasonable whatever I choice I make so would hugely appreciate the steer and yes I've NCed:

School trip next week - DD & I were checking out all the stuff to do on-line when I've noticed the main building, where I think they are sleeping, looks like it's covered with cladding. It's low rise and even if it is clad with low fire retardant cladding, I know it's low risk, I know it.

Nevertheless I feel the urge to contact the school and let them know as I'm fairly certain they'd have said something already if they'd noticed themselves.

Help please as I know if I raise this it is going to make possibly unecessary work for someone.

Whosthemummynow Fri 23-Jun-17 21:53:24

Really? Are you now going to risk assess every building before entering. Thousands of buildings have cladding

Yukbuck Fri 23-Jun-17 21:58:36

It is such a low low risk but actually I agree with you. Nobody ever thinks these things will happen but they do.

Shoxfordian Fri 23-Jun-17 22:09:54

Wow.
I think you'd be better off worrying about how your child is getting there as statistically much more likely to be in a road collision than a fire starting

I think you are being hugely unreasonable

featherland Fri 23-Jun-17 22:14:32

I think you're totally reasonable to ask whether the fire regulations have been adhered to, whether there are sprinklers and fire extinguishers, and what the process is in case of fire. Hopefully you will be reassured by the answers.

DilemmaMum Fri 23-Jun-17 22:41:32

Thank you for posting, though the 50/50 split reflects why I've sat on the fence and asked for help.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: