Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think DH may be having an affair??

(587 Posts)
Autvet Thu 22-Jun-17 19:46:53

Asking because I can't get my head round this.... please help!! DH works away a lot, nice hotels etc ... emptying his trousers for washing this evening ( yep I'm living the dream) & found his room paper key for yesterday's hotel stay - no of people on room is 2 confused.... he called me to say hi last night but from the hotel gardens as reception 'awful' in hotel room.... am I being suspicious or is it deserved?? Really want to call hotel as I've kept room key etc but how can I find out how many people stayed etc etc ?? Any ideas ?? sad

velocitygir1 Thu 22-Jun-17 19:48:41

I'm sorry but to me that seems a little suss. I think you just need to ask him I'm afraid. I really hope it's not what you think.

IllBeAtTheSpa Thu 22-Jun-17 19:49:46

Without jumping to conclusions it could be that standard the room is for 2 people and receptionist has written "2" as it's a double room?
Anyone out there who works reception in hotels? Is this something that could happen?

Autvet Thu 22-Jun-17 19:49:55

I asked him - he looked a little cagey then said " they print 2 people on a room key just as standard '..........

Autvet Thu 22-Jun-17 19:50:39

I don't know what to think..... really want to phone call he hotel and ask but they won't tell me will they sad

PurpleDaisies Thu 22-Jun-17 19:50:39

When I've stayed in a double room as a single person it's occasionally said 2 people in the room. I'vd stayed in places with awful reception.

Do you have any other reasons to be suspicious? Finding that in my dh's pocket wouldn't worry me in the slightest bit it sounds like you d got other worries?

ImperialBlether Thu 22-Jun-17 19:51:21

But why would they do that? It doesn't make sense. When you book in you give your name - they need to know how many people are staying there. They couldn't assume two were staying each time.

Mrsglitterfairy Thu 22-Jun-17 19:52:15

It sound suspicious to me I'm afraid. I would call the hotel and say that you need an invoice from your stay for expenses and it needs to detail the room type and number of guets

Autvet Thu 22-Jun-17 19:52:17

That's what I'm thinking... they need to know how many people got brekkie etc !?

Mrsglitterfairy Thu 22-Jun-17 19:52:35

*guests

Autvet Thu 22-Jun-17 19:53:02

Shall I phone them tomorrow and ask ? I'm hoping they'll give me the invoice..

IllBeAtTheSpa Thu 22-Jun-17 19:53:44

Do you have any other suspicions or anything else that makes you feel that there may be something more?

Autvet Thu 22-Jun-17 19:54:45

He did this once before - said he couldn't call me from hotel as bad reception but when I phoned hotel to ask they said reception was fine in their rooms....sad

House4 Thu 22-Jun-17 19:55:08

Maybe it means a room for two as standard - not that two people actually stayed in it. Have u ever picked up on anything else?

PokerRoomRules Thu 22-Jun-17 19:55:16

I'd definitely call

Autvet Thu 22-Jun-17 19:55:17

He is permanently attached to his phone.... even in the loo!

kaytee87 Thu 22-Jun-17 19:55:40

You could always call and say you were staying in that room and think you've left make up (or some other womanly thing) behind. You'll soon find out if there was a woman in the room by the way they react? Maybe... might not work of course.

PurpleDaisies Thu 22-Jun-17 19:55:44

When you say "did this once before", do you mean had an affair?

Autvet Thu 22-Jun-17 19:56:32

How can I ask them outright how many people were in room without looking dodgy ?? He booked it through hotels.com who have his email ( I can't get on his email)... what if they email him the invoice etc...

notapizzaeater Thu 22-Jun-17 19:57:12

Can you look at his phone ?

Autvet Thu 22-Jun-17 19:57:25

No sorry, not an affair... couldn't get reception in his room.... good idea, I could say left a handbag or something there??

PurpleDaisies Thu 22-Jun-17 19:57:31

You could always call and say you were staying in that room and think you've left make up (or some other womanly thing) behind. You'll soon find out if there was a woman in the room by the way they react? Maybe... might not work of course.

If it's a big hotel the people on reception will have no idea which rooms have had women staying in them. I'd be amazed if a reaction was relevant at all.

Autvet Thu 22-Jun-17 19:58:01

Don't know password to phone and he ALWAYS has it on himconfused

Autvet Thu 22-Jun-17 19:58:20

It's a country house hotel......

BrieAndChilli Thu 22-Jun-17 19:58:27

Ring the hotel, I ring hotels daily in my job and ask for invoices to be sent to me. If they ask say you are from his work and need it for expense records.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now