Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think that reports of Trumps stupidity are massively overblown.

(11 Posts)
IChangedM Thu 22-Jun-17 12:12:33

After reading this - www.cracked.com/article_24907_7-secret-and-stupid-rules-working-president-trump.html

Yes I know it's a comedy website but it links various sources.

I know he isn't a genius, I know his business dealings aren't brilliant, I know being born into privilege gives you a massive free pass but surely to God this is just over-exaggerated hatchetery.

The way these news sources describe him put him in the realms of a toddler and I simply don't believe it anymore. He cannot have had the life he has had and be that fucking thick.

Batfurger Thu 22-Jun-17 12:14:24

YABU. The man is a clown. He would be richer if he'd left his inherited money in the bank than invested it.

IChangedM Thu 22-Jun-17 12:17:39

I'm not saying he isn't stupid I am saying he cannot be as stupid and childish as some of the reports claim. He just can't be.

Isn't this why he won? I honestly think this stuff benefits him.

honeysucklejasmine Thu 22-Jun-17 12:27:27

Follow the Trump threads in AIBU. You'll see.

He really is.

YoureNotASausage Thu 22-Jun-17 12:28:24

The scary thing is that he really is that childish. Just listen to him speak! There's no denying it.

hackmum Thu 22-Jun-17 13:04:04

Before he was elected, I assumed he couldn't possibly be as stupid as he appeared. I thought it was a kind of act to make people like him and vote for him, on the basis of the lower common denominator. I assumed once he was elected, he'd develop a more statesmanlike aura and show himself to be quite effective. Ruthless, but effective.

Once he was in power, I rapidly came to the conclusion that he really was thick. Extraordinarily thick. I often wonder if he has something wrong with him. He's had numerous staff resign or be sacked, he frequently contradicts his own staff, he makes contradictory decisions and pronouncements, he posts sub-literate nonsense on Twitter, he has the vocabulary of a five-year old, he's antagonised some of the US's closest allies, he's publicly admitted passing on highly confidential information to the Russians, he failed in his first attempt to get rid of Obamacare, even though both houses are packed with Republicans, he insists on using a personal, unsecured phone for Tweeting...I could go on.

OliveSoap Thu 22-Jun-17 13:06:49

What is it that makes you suspect he cannot be so stupid, in the face of all evidence to the contrary, OP? His wealth?

LaurieFairyCake Thu 22-Jun-17 13:11:43

He's not independently wealthy. If he'd left the money he inherited in a savings plan he'd have made MORE over the years than his failed business ventures.

He's as intelligent as a yoghurt. Maybe.

Orangetoffee Thu 22-Jun-17 13:11:52

Have you read his tweets, listened to his speeches? YABU

KidLorneRoll Thu 22-Jun-17 13:13:04

Nope. He really is that stupid.

SoreArms Thu 22-Jun-17 13:14:00

I have a friend who is an expert in US politics (wheeled out on tv-type expert). Trump really IS that stupid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now