Talk

Advanced search

To think this is SO MUCH BETTER

(124 Posts)
pandarific Thu 22-Jun-17 08:14:49

Lovely cool breeze, nice comforting grey sky...

No legs sticking together / to chairs, no lack of air con at causing misery, no cats in a mood so foul even dreamies cannot mend... I know The Heat will be back. But thank god its gone for now!

LilithTheKitty Thu 22-Jun-17 08:16:36

No! It's cold and wet and horrible. I want the sunshine back, I was enjoying it. grin

Mothervulva Thu 22-Jun-17 08:17:45

MUCH better.

Mothervulva Thu 22-Jun-17 08:18:34

The heat loving lizards have had a good stint, it's our turn now.

VelvetSpoon Thu 22-Jun-17 08:22:47

As we were saying in work yesterday, this heat is lovely if you're laying in swimwear in the garden or by a pool, drink in hand. But if you've got to commute, or go to work, or indeed anywhere, or do anything involving the wearing of actual clothes, it's a bloody nightmare.

We've got sunshine and a breeze today. It's still low to mid 20s which is more than enough - YANBU!

pandarific Thu 22-Jun-17 08:24:18

I can handle it if there's aircon - like if you go to Spain say, there's routinely air con.

But going home on sweltering public transport after 8 hours in an equally sweltering office to get no sleep in my sweltering flat because The Heat is coming down from the attic, and the windows are open so every car / drunk / bastard seagull wakes you up is a special kind of hell. It's just not okay.

AnyFucker Thu 22-Jun-17 08:25:02

It's grey but still so fecking humid in Manchester

Sparklingbrook Thu 22-Jun-17 08:25:03

Any rain on the horizon. I am lying in bed and there's a lovely breeze coming through the window. Washing's out but it's a bit grey out there.

Floggingmolly Thu 22-Jun-17 08:26:45

Where are you? I'm in West London, it's as muggy as ever. I genuinely nearly cried this morning; I've been hanging on by my fingertips all week on the promise that the heat would break today sad

Allabitmuchisntit Thu 22-Jun-17 08:26:56

It is glorious. Oh the relief! My job involves a huge amount of running about, manual labour etc and it's been killing me.
I can once again enjoy a hot cup of tea in the morning.
Am just enjoying the feeling of ACTUAL AIR coming through the window.

AguacateMaduro Thu 22-Jun-17 08:29:14

Very humid here in Dublin. Bora bora hair for me. But i burnt my feet yesterday. Only cycling to station and home again. Saw a funny thing on fb about gingers checking in to mark themselvrs safe!

Allabitmuchisntit Thu 22-Jun-17 08:29:24

North Wales here and I have literally just heard thunder....

Mothervulva Thu 22-Jun-17 08:29:40

East London here; a chilly breeze but no rain yet...

Sparklingbrook Thu 22-Jun-17 08:30:16

Worcestershire. It is fresh (ish). Such a relief.

AlmostAJillSandwich Thu 22-Jun-17 08:31:29

I'm hoping for a major thunderstorm so i can go out and stand in it

pandarific Thu 22-Jun-17 08:31:54

In Sussex here. Aw, don't cry floggingmolly! flowers

Hang in there - hopefully you'll get it soon.

AntiopeofThemyscira Thu 22-Jun-17 08:32:21

I'm in West London too but it is slightly better. It is the first morning I have woken up not feeling really ill. Not great but better.

SinglePringle Thu 22-Jun-17 08:32:23

North London here and it's muggy without the sun. The previous few days have been glorious and I'm pissed off it's changed.

Us heat loving lizards have only had it for the briefest of times and now the sun shine haters get what we always bloody get again.

I'm pissed off!

LilithTheKitty Thu 22-Jun-17 08:34:42

Us heat loving lizards have only had it for the briefest of times and now the sun shine haters get what we always bloody get again.
This
It's been a few days of nice weather. Now it's back to the weather we get 50 weeks of the year.

Sparklingbrook Thu 22-Jun-17 08:37:14

Maybe we can have some^ normal^ June weather soon. Nice and warm but cooler at night. then everyone will be happy.

TeddyIsaHe Thu 22-Jun-17 08:37:35

Norfolk is blue skies and boiling still <cries>

Mothervulva Thu 22-Jun-17 08:43:03

The thing is, it was just that bit too hot. Walking around London and trying to sleep at night was harder, sunshine fine, roasting heat, not fine. My children couldn't sleep and I had a permanent headache.

Jennyhatesjazz0 Thu 22-Jun-17 08:43:11

With a four month old baby, I welcome grey, overcast skies. We might even get some sleep tonight.

Sparklingbrook Thu 22-Jun-17 08:44:19

YY the sleep thing has been the worst bit for me. Sitting in the shade with a cold drink was nice even when it was boiling but doing anything else was miserable.

user1480459555 Thu 22-Jun-17 08:44:21

I am in Essex and it's already 24 degrees inside so not sure how hot outside.

I am lucky that I can sit and do nothing if I want but I feel for people who have to work, commute etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now