Talk

Advanced search

Best quality budget makeup? !

(24 Posts)
user1497403588 Thu 22-Jun-17 00:23:25

Hi everyone!

Stopping by to share mine, and ask about your favourite / best value budget makeup, the likes of Rimmel, Wet 'n' Wild, Natural collection, catrice, etc pharmacy makeup that doesn't break the bank!

Although sometimes I find little gems! Many of them recommended by really good makeup artists who use quality products.

My favourites at the moment:

Catrice cosmetic concealer (Really cheap for what it's worth, about 5 euro! best concealer out there under 10 euro

All the Rimmel eyebrow pencils, cheap at around 6 euro

Lidl self tanning cream! 1.49 and you just treat it like moisturiser, no streaky fake tan and everyday you have a nice olive glow!

Inglot is almost as good as MAC, even on par... Inglot eyeshadow a single colour is only something like 6 euro! and they are suuuch good quality and really stand out.

Anyone else got others they'd like to share? Some products you feel are excellent value/quality especially for the price?

I hate buying expensive makeup!

littleshirleybeans Thu 22-Jun-17 00:38:23

Avon glimmersticks about £3
Collection (2000??? Used to be called that!) eyeliner pens- they stay put for days grin
They're about £3

RockyBird Thu 22-Jun-17 00:39:56

Inglot must have improved as it used to be spectacularly shit.

Bizzysocks Thu 22-Jun-17 01:25:29

Avon

MrsSkeletor Thu 22-Jun-17 01:33:31

Barry m nail polish or boots stay perfect (cheap as chips when on offer)

AW22 Thu 22-Jun-17 01:37:55

Avon. It's such good quality but so cheap. I love it smile

Beketaten Thu 22-Jun-17 01:40:23

ELF is very good, and it's beginning to be available at Superdrug now as well as online.

avamiah Thu 22-Jun-17 01:43:07

I like Rimmel for lipsticks and eye liner and eye brow pencil but I love my Mac foundation and would never change that.

user1497403588 Thu 22-Jun-17 01:55:21

RockyBird what was shit about it? The eyeshadows? I've always found them to be fantastic quality / volume of colour etc , the foundation isn't that great tho kinda mucky. and the highlighter is crap

kmc1111 Thu 22-Jun-17 02:10:26

Anything Kiko is generally pretty good. Their eyeshadow sticks and 'water' shadow formula especially.

importanceofhappiness Thu 22-Jun-17 02:39:07

E.l.f. and Sleek.

WashingMatilda Thu 22-Jun-17 03:31:41

Make Up Revolution and Make Up Geek (online only in UK I think) - the latter do the most INSANE eyeshadows. Honestly, Google their eyeshadow swatches. I've got 'Corrupt' and it is honestly the blackest black I've ever used, better than Urban Decay, MAC, and I think they're about £5

DisorderedAllsorts Thu 22-Jun-17 03:32:58

Sleek, MUA & Rimmel
Post this in style & beauty to get even more responses

BigYellowJumper Thu 22-Jun-17 03:56:09

I love ELF and can find no difference between most of their stuff and more expensive brands.

I haven't used it but the Wet and Wild highlighters are often recommended.

washing VERY interested in Make Up Geek, thanks.

madmomma Thu 22-Jun-17 07:22:17

Kiko are ace. I've had some good eyebrow makeup for £1 recently from homebargains too.

ThePurpleOneWithTheNut Thu 22-Jun-17 07:24:22

Avon can be good.

Also quite like Wilko lipsticks.

TheFifthKey Thu 22-Jun-17 07:27:44

Essence at Wilko is great! Twist up eyeliners on a par with Avon Glimmersticks for £1.50. Have a blusher and lipstick from there too I really rate. Collection eyebrow powder is the best I've tried too, and it's about £4 for a palette with three shades.

WithywoodsBee Thu 22-Jun-17 07:28:17

Kiko. All of it is fantastic but specifically their lipsticks. The colours are lovely, the texture is lovely, it goes on well, stays forever and doesn't dry out your lips. I bought a new one for less than £4 the other day and it (as are they all) is significantly better than other Mac/Chanel lipsticks I have.

Fishfingersandwich9 Thu 22-Jun-17 07:30:11

Primark makeup is hit and miss but their pro foundation is amazing! I prefer it to my chanel foundation! It is meant to be a dupe for estee Lauder double wear.

BigYellowJumper Thu 22-Jun-17 08:04:25

fishfinger Is the primark foundation suitable for dry skin, would you say? I'm not in the UK but I can get my mum to send stuff.

thethoughtfox Thu 22-Jun-17 08:06:28

My friend is a make up artist and raves about Primark lip pencils as better than MAC. Morphe for make up artist used make up brushes and make up pallettes.

Runny Thu 22-Jun-17 08:06:45

I really like NYX products.

kaytee87 Thu 22-Jun-17 08:15:07

Rimmel lipsticks are amazing, also maybelline (fresh?) foundation - nice and light.

pandarific Thu 22-Jun-17 08:29:15

Foundation can be tricky imo with the cheaper brands. The Ordinary have one that sali Hughes (and lots of other muas) have raved about and it's £5. Sold out on their site, but you can add your email to get it when it's back - I'm dying to try it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now