Talk

Advanced search

Sent neighbour a rude note after she told me off for walking my dogs in a public place

(11 Posts)
MotherPie Wed 21-Jun-17 21:57:05

At the back of our houses we have large bit of grass. Dogs are allowed off lead- there's a sign to clean up after them but nothing else. Neighbour I've only seen from a distance (about 10houses down) comes out and says 'you need to move soon, I'm trying to take my dog out and dogs shouldn't be walked off lead'. I said 'ok fine' and put ddog1 on lead, she then got a chair to stand on and glared over the fence until I walked away! She's in a semi detached and after I watched her the walk round the front of her house towards to local park - so she could've gone out her front door! It's a large black lab and she does struggle to control it and get dragged along holding the lead with both hands.

After stewing on it I posted a note saying she needs to ask politely next time she wants me to leave a public space we are all entitled to use. It's not my fault her dogs is out of control and she could've gone used her front door. I also promised her my dogs would never approach her dogs even if they were off lead. Regretting it a bit now but I can hardly apologise (and don't think I should).

WorraLiberty Wed 21-Jun-17 22:03:20

Bit weird to start writing notes about it.

Why didn't you wait until you saw her again to have a quick word?

JammyGem Wed 21-Jun-17 22:04:01

She was BU in the way she asked you, but writing a note to her is a massive overreaction...

fatdogs Wed 21-Jun-17 22:04:58

I wouldn't apologise. Who does she think she is? You have every right to be there. As long as your dogs have perfect recall while off lead you have done no thing wrong. I she can't control her dogs, SHE needs to adjust her behaviour or route, not you. You were very generous to offer to leave a public space if she asked you politely.

Siwdmae Wed 21-Jun-17 22:09:18

You wrote a note?! Sorry, but that's fucking weird. If she could have gone another way, she was BU. Maybe she should train her dog to walk nicely on the lead. But a note?

missyB1 Wed 21-Jun-17 22:11:51

What a bossy old biddy. She clearly has an issue controlling her dog. I would have been inclined to pop an advert for a dog training company through her door instead.

BandeauSally Wed 21-Jun-17 22:14:07

Oh you're a bit silly but don't fret over it. In further don't be so obedient! grin she isn't the boss of you!

BandeauSally Wed 21-Jun-17 22:14:15

future

Unicorn81 Wed 21-Jun-17 22:22:19

Why should you cut your dogs time outside short because she cant control hers. Thats her issue not yours. I hnderstandwhy you wrote the note. I tend to mull things over after the event and wish i said something different

MotherPie Wed 21-Jun-17 22:53:41

Yes the note does seem weird blush but I was annoyed and she is an 'old biddy' so not sure I'd have the guts to pull her up in person next time grin

SoreFeet1983 Wed 21-Jun-17 22:59:22

ddog1 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now