Talk

Advanced search

To at least expect an apology

(15 Posts)
notmywords Wed 21-Jun-17 16:04:01

We are going away for a long weekend. Leaving Friday morning and it's a 4 hour drive.

DH has rung to say we won't be able to leave until lunchtime because of something else he's organised.

It's a sideline business to do with his hobby and someone is coming to collect something.

I am fuming. DH is in full 'it's not my fault, can't be helped mode' as if it's somehow nothing to do with him.

AIBU to at least want him to apologise and make it up to us for basically taking away 5 hours of our holiday.

RatherBeRiding Wed 21-Jun-17 16:06:05

I would be expecting him to make arrangements to have the item collected/delivered the night before, or first thing in the morning, or after the weekend.

Is that an option?

notmywords Wed 21-Jun-17 16:08:37

No not really. He has to be there and apparently the person is travelling a long way.

RaspberryOverloadsOnIcepops Wed 21-Jun-17 16:13:42

He clearly arranged the time/date with whoever's collecting, so yes, it's his fault, so what is he going to do to make it up to you.

I'd be cross, too. It would be a waste of holiday.

speedywell Wed 21-Jun-17 17:39:28

Argh, how rude not to even ask you sad

And as for now not taking responsibility, well... VVVVU. What an arse.

Sorry for your loss of holiday hours notmywords. I be miffed too.

BadHatter Wed 21-Jun-17 17:43:32

Is he the main/only earner in the house? Would he be the one doing the actual driving?

I think he should have rescheduled the transaction if possible. But sounds like it wasn't possible without either party incurring a time/cost penalty.

Sisinisawa Wed 21-Jun-17 17:45:53

He needs to either rearrange the appointment or travel to the holiday by himself and join you there.

SheSaidHeSaid Wed 21-Jun-17 17:47:27

I'd be annoyed too...and asking him to make it up to me somehow.

DirtyChaiLatte Wed 21-Jun-17 17:49:08

I would need an apology and a proper acknowledgement from him that he understands that he messed up and how it's going to inconvenience you all.

PeaFaceMcgee Wed 21-Jun-17 17:49:40

He should travel the long way beforehand to deliver the item himself, so he can leave on the Fri morning in a timely manner.

Or courier it.

Aquamarine1029 Wed 21-Jun-17 17:50:19

You need more than an apology. You need a husband who cares more about his wife than his hobby.

PeaFaceMcgee Wed 21-Jun-17 17:50:26

But yanbu. The least you could have is an apology. Is he always so self-absorbed?

notmywords Wed 21-Jun-17 19:26:30

He has apologised and asked the man to come as early as he can.

Ceto Wed 21-Jun-17 19:30:10

Can't he get someone else to deal with the handover?

Ceto Wed 21-Jun-17 19:30:38

Or could he deliver it to the person the previous day?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now