Talk

Advanced search

To hate men walking around with shirts off

(87 Posts)
clearwaters Mon 19-Jun-17 21:10:37

It's really not lovely, is it?

AIBU to want them to cover up? So common.

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Mon 19-Jun-17 21:12:25

Depends who it is.

If it's Charlie Hunnam or the bloke who plays Poldark I could make my peace with it.

Dave who runs the fishing tackle shop? Not so much.

MabelFurball Mon 19-Jun-17 21:12:32

YANBU especially when they are usually scrawny runts.

LindyHemming Mon 19-Jun-17 21:12:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

harderandharder2breathe Mon 19-Jun-17 21:14:27

I don't like it, especially when they're all sweaty and double especially if they're sweaty and sunburned

I may be the wrong person to ask though; as a lesbian I have little appreciation of men's arms and chests!

SaltySalt Mon 19-Jun-17 21:14:48

Like this then no

Bluntness100 Mon 19-Jun-17 21:15:09

I agree. Wish they would cover up. It's not a good look.

SaltySalt Mon 19-Jun-17 21:15:10

Like this then yes

SaltySalt Mon 19-Jun-17 21:15:57

Like this then yes

Pebbles1989 Mon 19-Jun-17 21:15:59

He could be the hottest man alive (pun intended!) and it would still be a massive turn-off for me.

Pebbles1989 Mon 19-Jun-17 21:16:16

On the beach is different, obviously.

SaltySalt Mon 19-Jun-17 21:16:18

So good I posted twice grin

PurpleTraitor Mon 19-Jun-17 21:17:01

They should all put something on. Regardless of appearance. And not because it's 'common' either. It's because it's not appropriate in the street, and because it makes other people feel uncomfortable/threatened.

I was on a baking hot bus today and a guy gets on with no top on. Backpack, but no top. Sits next to me. Sweating. I could see his armpits. I could smell him. General air of arrogance with a hint of challenge about him. Badly done tattoos. I should not have to squash In against a half naked man when I'm just on my way somewhere. Put on a t shirt (clean)

justkeepswimmingg Mon 19-Jun-17 21:17:58

I'm with you Pebbles, I find it off putting regardless of how attractive or 'fit' they are.

justdontevenfuckingstart Mon 19-Jun-17 21:18:13

The car valeter at work today had a massive back tattoo, that wasn't hard to look at, plus he's such a lovely guy you don't need an excuse to talk to him. Roll on next month!!

clearwaters Mon 19-Jun-17 21:18:58

I just don't like seeing it no matter what they look like.

MrsPorth Mon 19-Jun-17 21:19:03

I've seen some sights today...scrawny/plump men in no tops and scrawny/plump women in little vest tops. In fairness though, it was very hot and it's important to be comfortable I suppose.

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Mon 19-Jun-17 21:19:05

<bites lip>

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Mon 19-Jun-17 21:20:09

<bites lip>

DramaQueenofHighCs Mon 19-Jun-17 21:20:49

YANBU but only because women are not allowed to do the same! I see nothing wrong with it, but on our day out yesterday I was miffed that I had to cover up and DH and DS didn't! I had my vest too clinging to me cos the sweat couldn't evaporate!!

Nudity is only a problem because we have been brought up believing it to be so. I'd have no problem sitting next to a half naked anybody - we all have 'bits' after all.

ForalltheSaints Mon 19-Jun-17 21:21:19

I think that where it is acceptable for a man to be without a top it should be acceptable for a woman. Which means men covering up in many places not all of them do now.

ambereeree Mon 19-Jun-17 21:21:23

Oh it is when they're tennis players walking home showing off tanned six packs.

CrumblingTeeth Mon 19-Jun-17 21:21:30

YANBU. I don't get why it's acceptable for blokes to go around topless. I don't care what they look like, they all need to put tops on! Especially in shops/cafes etc.

SignoraStronza Mon 19-Jun-17 21:25:28

We had one in the waiting room today. I actually said "Could you put some clothes on please? I've had enough excitement for one day!"
I think he took it in good grace.grin

robinia Mon 19-Jun-17 21:26:19

In general yanbu. My tolerance level is a little higher for the Aidan Turner and tennis types wink
But I'd feel uncomfortable sitting next to any of them on a bus - if unattractive because it's yeuch and if attractive - well ... because!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now