Talk

Advanced search

To ask how your babies reacted to 8 week injections?

(12 Posts)
PraiseTheSun Mon 19-Jun-17 19:29:42

Looking for reassurance really as OH is working away so it is just me and DD.
DD had her first lot of injections today. She was fine at first but since 5 she's been crying a horrible cry. She's not been taking her bottle and been having little cries in her sleep. Also she doesn't normally sleep at this time but has been on and off since six. Is this normal? Perhaps others could share their experiences. Thank you.

BrexitSucks Mon 19-Jun-17 19:31:55

Your experience sounds exactly familiar. Calpol?

CrohnicallyPregnant Mon 19-Jun-17 19:34:12

DD1 was very difficult to settle after hers- all I remember is having to walk round the living room with her in the sling for hours, if I stopped then she cried, and that's after giving calpol!

PraiseTheSun Mon 19-Jun-17 19:35:14

Yes she has had calpol! I'm almost jealous of OH working away tonight blush going to be along night for me and poor DD I think!

Whatsername17 Mon 19-Jun-17 19:37:27

Give the calpol 4 - 6 hourly for 3 doses. Dd2 screamed for a good couple of hours and wouldn't feed from me. When she finally fell to sleep I put her on the boob and she fed. In this heat, try and keep your lo as cool as possible. Strip her off, use a fan if you have one. The heat won't be helping. Dd2 had a cranky couple of days after and the rota virus liquid gave her a gassy tum. Feed her once she is asleep, it will help.

grannytomine Mon 19-Jun-17 19:38:10

My daughter was terrible for 12 hours after hers, apart from when she was feeding she was screaming a horrible high pitched scream. She suddenly settled after 12 hrs and I think she was totally indignant about the whole thing and didn't she let me know it. Good luck, it is a horrible hot evening for an upset baby. Maybe try a coolish bath (not cold but just to cool her a bit?)

BrexitSucks Mon 19-Jun-17 19:40:03

I wonder if gently sponging her with room temp water might help cool her down.

DoubleHelix79 Mon 19-Jun-17 19:44:28

DD just slept for most of the day and was a little grumpy. The next day she was back to normal.

kingfishergreen Mon 19-Jun-17 19:54:40

DD reacted sadly 😭 that cry! Awful! Then she slept all day, and was just generally weedy and sad, her temperature got up to 40' so we took her to the out of hours GP (she was fine, I jumped the gun, it went back down to normal once the Calpol had kicked back in).

During the course of this, I took her rectal temp (don't even ask) causing her to shit all over my arm.

She was so much better after her 12 week jabs.

BarbarianMum Mon 19-Jun-17 19:57:24

Yes ds1 did this. Scared the life out of me. He was fine by the next day.

PraiseTheSun Mon 19-Jun-17 20:02:53

Poor babies 😭. DD is just in her nappy. She is very warm. Going to give her a cool bath. The weather isn't helping. She's making such sad little noises. I wish I could do more to comfort her 😫

ColdTeddy Mon 19-Jun-17 20:04:09

Yes, ds2 was a complete nightmare after 8, 12 and 16 week jabs. Very high temperature that wouldn't cone down with calpol, screaming all night long. It was during the aftermath of the 8 week jabs that we decided we would not be planning to have a 3rd dc after all grin.

He was fine after the 1 year jabs though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now