Talk

Advanced search

To HATE the frantic Hello? Hello? Hello? when you lose someone on the phone?

(9 Posts)
Calyrical Mon 19-Jun-17 17:32:28

I ABU I expect.

I think mobile signal is down in our area. I can hear people fine. But they can't hear me.

So trying to speak to anyone official gets -

'I need to cancel my cards, because -'
'Hello? HELLO? Hello?'
'Yes, I am here, because -'
'HELLO?'

It makes me flustered and cross.

AIBU to wish people would stop doing it?

harderandharder2breathe Mon 19-Jun-17 17:49:51

Yabu

They can't hear you, there's no point you carrying on talking regardless. It's frustrating for them as well, especially if they can hear snippets but it keeps cutting out.

Call from a landline

Calyrical Mon 19-Jun-17 17:50:17

Yes, I've tried, that isn't always foolproof though.

dudsville Mon 19-Jun-17 17:52:37

It's the customary way of letting someone know you think you've lost signal so, for fun, suggest a replacement OP! What would you rather?

Calyrical Mon 19-Jun-17 17:57:18

How about 'are you still fucking there?' grin

Pigface1 Mon 19-Jun-17 19:03:04

YANBU. I commute by train and obviously the train goes through spots where the signal drops. It drives me nuts when someone's on the phone and starts going 'Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello?' as if it will magically re-establish the connection (spoiler - it won't).

dudsville Tue 20-Jun-17 11:40:58

I like that OP, will try it later!

MissionItsPossible Tue 20-Jun-17 11:50:32

In a similar sort of vein, I HATE it on soaps when they ring the bank or some loan company and they're like "Please, I need the money, I'm desperate" and then they're like "Hello? HELLO?" And realise they've been hung up on. It's so unrealistic, unless you were swearing or threatening down the phone no legitimate company would hang up on you because you started to get a bit desperate, it's so rude.

AmberNectarine Tue 20-Jun-17 15:32:38

YES.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now