Page 11 | AIBU? Sister named/naming her children the same as mine...

(263 Posts)
McCormick1988 Sun 18-Jun-17 16:49:03

I have 2 sons: Hayden and Oliver.

DSis had a daughter after I had Hayden and named her Hayden I didn't care too much as she was a girl and mine was a boy. It also didn't matter that much.

My Oliver is 2 months and she is the 3rd trimester of her pregnancy and has announced he's an Oliver.

Different middle names but still!

AIBU to think this is a bit unfair?

OP’s posts: |
CecilyP Sun 21-Feb-21 09:51:39

^ I had no idea if she was thinking of those names of not.^

It would be a very strange coincidence for her to be thinking of Hayden for a girl (never heard it used as a girls name) before you had your DS. OTOH, as Oliver is a very popular name, so might have been the name she had chosen years ago should she have a boy. Though as she has copied you once, I think she should let that go.

nothingcanhurtmewithmyeyesshut Sun 21-Feb-21 10:03:44

You took her name. What, both of them? I'm thinking that's a bit much coincidence and would just tell her outright that she's a weirdo.

Lizadork Sun 21-Feb-21 10:05:55

Old thread - doh!

NewScone Sun 21-Feb-21 10:09:25

ZOMBIE THREAD

ChampionOfTheSun Sun 21-Feb-21 10:12:36

I saw this on a Facebook article yesterday confused they didn't post that it was 2017 mind you

JackieWeaverFever Sun 21-Feb-21 10:15:07

Another its insanely weird

Oh all the names in all the land

MumW Sun 21-Feb-21 10:20:08

Start refering to her unborn as "Oliver the second" or "the second/other Oliver" at every opportunity.

FedUpAtHomeTroels Sun 21-Feb-21 10:27:25

I'd keep refering to the baby as Oliver 2 before he's born, maybe by the time he's born she'll realise how silly it is.
So "How are you? Hows Oliver 2 coming along"

FedUpAtHomeTroels Sun 21-Feb-21 10:28:29

Dam Zombie thread. I wonder if the sister changed her mind

WhereDoMyBluebirdsFly Sun 21-Feb-21 10:51:47

@McCormick1988 please can you come back and update us on what happened with Hayden 2 and Oliver 2?

kwiksavenofrillsusername Sun 21-Feb-21 13:59:58

The Mirror are so desperate for content they’re mining the forums for 2011 threads now?

Happy 10th birthday to Oliver2!

kwiksavenofrillsusername Sun 21-Feb-21 14:00:37

Oops it’s 2017 sorry. He’ll only be 4 right now.

BunnyRuddington Sun 21-Feb-21 14:11:55

that's when she declared that it has always been her favourite name.

Just because it's her favourite, doesn't mean she has to use it. I always wanted to have a DD and name her after a DF. Years before I had my DD another DF used the name, we're close enough that it would have been odd if I'd used it as well.

I gave DD the name as a middle name and used a different first name. Both names go really well together.

If it is your DSis' favourite name and she still wants to use it, maybe suggest she uses it as a middle name?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in