Talk

Advanced search

to ask for help finding a pillow

(16 Posts)
scrabble1 Sat 17-Jun-17 18:45:25

Because my neck is so painful. Tried a "feel like down" pillow which went flat after one week so returned it. Then tried a medium down filled pillow. Expensive but again was uncomfortable. Now onto a box type medium support pillow and pain worse than ever at base of skull.
I am a side sleeper

lidoshuffle Sat 17-Jun-17 18:51:11

I have shaped Tempur pillows (a sort of side-on "B"). They were expensive but have lasted ages. They cradle your neck and head. I find a normal pillow very uncomfortable now.

LivingInMidnight Sat 17-Jun-17 18:52:14

I use a memory foam one due to pain. It gets a bit warm though.

ChesterFuckingDraws Sat 17-Jun-17 18:52:26

I like a relatively firm pillow (I mainly sleep on my side or back) the best one I found is the memory foam £10 ones from Primark. They hold their shape and I don't wake up with a crick in my neck.

CuntyyMcCunterson Sat 17-Jun-17 18:53:40

Best pillow I have is a memofoam one I got in a service station, no neck problems for years, went back and got DH one. Had them about 8 years now.

hedwig2001 Sat 17-Jun-17 18:58:17

My wonderful neck pillow is getting really old. I bought a memory foam replacement, which was like sleeping on a sandbag! I do not recommend.

JontyDoggle37 Sat 17-Jun-17 19:01:11

Memory foam. Just started waking up with an achy neck again and realised it's because my current memory foam pillow has gone lumpy and 'died'. Just ordered this one:https://www.hydeandsleep.com/the-hyde-and-sleep-pillow.html?campaignid=622413094&adgroupid=39353830462&keyword=memory%20foam%20pillow&matchtype=e&adposition=1t2&gclid=CjwKEAjwppPKBRCGwrSpqK7Y5jcSJACHYbWYGd7y190FO5Y83N5Pskr4FRT5LeZNz0xOIcKJGRi9WxoCSI7w_wcB in their 20% off, so £63 with the money off (sounds a lot but no neck/head pain is worth it!!!)

Loyly Sat 17-Jun-17 19:05:00

Fogarty Superfull Firm Support are perfect for me in a similar situation. They were really cheap per pair too.

Firesuit Sat 17-Jun-17 19:11:54

A rubber pillow (e.g. Dunlopillo) is the only kind I know that doesn't lose thickness. They are very expensive though.

Firesuit Sat 17-Jun-17 19:13:11

I accidentally bought a memory foam pillow when I thought I was buying a cheap rubber one. Memory foam is no good, your face sinks into it.

scrabble1 Sat 17-Jun-17 20:58:29

Thanks everyone. Will definitely get one the ones recommendsd as can't go on with this pain

Latex rather than memory foam- hypnos do a really good one.

I use my baby feeding pillow for support. It's not great but I just use it early hours when the pain gets bad. I haven't found one that actually helps though. They all seem too firm, too soft or not the right shape. Considering a wedge pillow next but haven't found the right sort yet

Acopyofacopy Sat 17-Jun-17 21:09:11

I haven't tried it yet, but I am toying with the idea of getting a buckwheat pillow. Reviews on Amazon are good.

Oldieandgoldie Sat 17-Jun-17 21:11:02

A sprung pillow eg www.dreams.co.uk/pocket-plus-pocket-spring-pillow

Note3 Sat 17-Jun-17 21:28:26

I could have written your OP! I honestly read it and thought you're talking about me!! I'm going to look at the suggestions you've been given, thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now