Talk

Advanced search

To ask you for a pep talk?

(15 Posts)
Trixiebelle16 Fri 16-Jun-17 19:15:39

Got a big night out tomorrow- bought an m&s dress size 16. Dress is lovely but you can see all my rolls of stomach fat. I exercise regularly but am not strict with what I eat so I've never lost the post pregnancy tummy. Feel utterly disgusting and can't face going out anymore but they will all be expecting me

PurpleDaisies Fri 16-Jun-17 19:17:34

It's not the infamous pink dress is it? grin
Have you considered some smoothing underwear?

I'm sure you'll look lovely. Have a fantastic time.

QuiteLikely5 Fri 16-Jun-17 19:17:56

What about some of those pants that smooth your tummy?

They can make a big difference and there won't be any rolls

Consider wearing high heels - they will make you look slimmer

Also no one else will be looking at your tummy so try not to worry about it too much flowers

Sunshinegirls Fri 16-Jun-17 19:21:58

I use shapewear to control my rolls of flab.
Go and have fun, honestly nobody will notice your tummy, it's only you that does.
Just remember a confident smile can cleverly disguise all the wobbly bits.

Screwinthetuna Fri 16-Jun-17 19:26:30

Wrong dress! Is there anything else you can wear? If not, pop out and get some Spanx!

LadyMarmyLard Fri 16-Jun-17 19:33:09

Shapewear and a wine before you go.

Honestly, everybody will be so worried about their own insecurities they won't notice (but I doubt it's even bad!)

Fake confidence and you'll pull it off. Have a lovely night.

workingfromhomerules Fri 16-Jun-17 19:38:04

I agree with hold in knickers and probably a different dress if this one is not making you feel good. Can you post a pic of the dress? Maybe we can make some suggestions.

It's horrible when you feel crap going out. My DD is 15 months and I have only just started to feel a bit more normal about myself and not dreading a night out. You will get there, you just need that killer dress!

LadyMarmyLard Fri 16-Jun-17 19:38:31

And, if anyone is taking a picture at length, stand at an angle, one foot in front of the the other, hand on hip (google Victoria beckham pose)... it's the most flattering angle for full photos 👌

SandysMam Fri 16-Jun-17 20:23:57

Write a list of 10 things you like about yourself and what you will contribute to the evening.
Doesn't have to be all looks (nice eyes etc) but could be "make people laugh, show interest in others". Then look at the list of 10 compared to "few rolls showing in otherwise lovely dress" and that one thing won't seem so significant.
Have a brilliant time!

SandysMam Fri 16-Jun-17 20:25:28

Don't force yourself to wear the dress though, get something you are more comfortable in if the dress is the problem!

Trixiebelle16 Fri 16-Jun-17 22:10:24

Sandysmam I don't like anything about myself. Can't really afford more underwear or another dress, it's the only one I can get in. I just wish I could look as nice as all the other mums do.

Sunshinegirls Fri 16-Jun-17 22:15:46

I bet the other mums are just as insecure and wish they looked like you. None of us are perfect and none of us expect anyone else to be.

FreckledFrog Fri 16-Jun-17 22:38:09

I've had some decent shapewear from both Asda and PrimArk in the past for around £4-£5

Sunshinegirls Fri 16-Jun-17 22:42:06

Same freckledfrog. I've bought loads of different shapewear over the years and the one I wear all the time is a pair of big tummy taming knickers from Tesco which were about £4

Tinseleverywhere Fri 16-Jun-17 22:43:04

You could pop back into m&s tomorrow, they are good about returns and either get a bigger size or different dress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now