To think this babygrow is awful!

(116 Posts)
jarhead123 Fri 16-Jun-17 12:40:56

Cringe! 😖

OP’s posts: |
araiwa Tue 11-Jul-17 12:36:35

Better than a man utd babygrow

SophieGiroux Tue 11-Jul-17 12:20:42

Saw this on the wright stuff this morning! Personally I think they are vile, how do you think your child would feel if they knew what you were making them wear?! All very well saying they are too young to know but if they saw a photo later on.. I'd just think my parents were sick fucks putting that on me! confused

stopfuckingshoutingatme Sun 09-Jul-17 22:17:56

Oh people thinks it a rape babygro gringringrin

LogicalPsycho Sun 09-Jul-17 22:09:15

@jarhead it seems that since this thread they've actually pulled those babygros off the shelves now! You're famous 😂

wei99ght Sun 09-Jul-17 21:24:59

grow up people.my wife has not been pregnant in over 30 years and all mommy wants is a back rub and it never was sexual, only a BACK RUB that is all

Sushi123 Mon 03-Jul-17 21:38:34

I don't see any 'rape' connection, however, I cannot comprehend how anyone would put something so crude on a little baby

carjacker1985 Mon 03-Jul-17 21:35:34

Of course that could happen, but it also could have gone the other way. There is not no rape implication whatsoever, as some have said. And if you'd been raped, then seeing a 'joke' like that in a shop could be very upsetting- maybe just make a joke about something else.

Grilledaubergines Mon 03-Jul-17 21:33:58

But you know that the implication is that she asked for a back rub and it led to sex. That doesn't mean or suggest in any way that it wasn't consensual.

Seriously, no-one has ever had sex which wasn't pre-planned? No one has had a kiss/cuddle which has led to sex? No one has been aroused by an act which didn't start out as sexual?

carjacker1985 Mon 03-Jul-17 21:24:32

But if mummy only wanted a back rub, then she didn't want sex? But sex occurred. Maybe she ended up changing her mind, maybe she didn't. If it's the latter, then it's rape.

Grilledaubergines Mon 03-Jul-17 21:18:02

There is no rape association, there really isn't. There is nothing about it which says 'my mummy was forced into non-consensual sex'.

It's common as muck, tacky and cheap but no, no rape implication.

Missyb13 Mon 03-Jul-17 21:05:38

I'm absolutely astounded by some of the comments on here, referencing this to rape ? Some of you are pathetically dramatic. It's a joke on a baby grow, whether or not you agree with said joke does not mean this is a rape reference!!! The fact you've jumped to such conclusions is ridiculous in it's self. Many massages between partners lead to sex and I'm quite certain if a friends of mine said "all I wanted was a message but it ended up leading to sex" I would not be calling the police or sitting them down asking if concent was given, the baby grow does not say "all I wanted was a back rub and did not give my concent to sexual intercoures" nor does it imply such things. It's comical how judgemental everyone on this post is commenting on what type of people would dress their baby in such things, while you're sat behind a keyboard generalising people it speaks volumes about your character. Everyone's sense of humour varies but some of these comments are outrageous, calm down people just because you don't find it amusing doesn't mean other people don't nor does it reference something as serious as rape.

ew1990 Mon 03-Jul-17 18:14:15

@jarhead123 you made the lad bible!

http://www.ladbible.com/now/weird-parents-slam-revolting-bm-babygrow-for-making-sexual-references-20170702?c=1499002338508

Wiganer77 Sun 02-Jul-17 18:40:56

Wow... You lot need to lighten up. This is a joke. Why do a certain type of person instantly think... Rape. Why can't you think of something a little nicer. If your SO was to give you a back rub and things started to get a little steamy (which, by the way... Is not a little bit far fetched). Then one thing leads to another and before you know it, you are both making mad passionate love and guess what... Sometimes... Just sometimes you get pregnant. Doesn't mean the baby was conceived through rape, it means two loving parents still have a spark. You need to review your sex life, if this has never happened to you. smile

dottymay Sun 02-Jul-17 15:07:08

Oh dear lord it's a joke!

I am 30 weeks pregnant and continously tell my bump she was a 2am horny mistake and if sone one put "I woke your dad up at 2am" I'd laugh my head off.

I didn't see rape in this I saw a romantic back rub that led to romantic sex and a little cute baby who is gonna shit all over the baby grow anyway.

P.s. if you want more high brow jokes don't buy from b&m I'd be more worries about what it's made from instead of what it says! Lol

brianna5 Sun 18-Jun-17 22:37:12

I like some of the wordings but would never buy the ones mentioned here.

Proof my dad doesn't Fire blank shots! Well if they had been trying for a while and parent thought it was appropriate to put their babies in this wouldn't feel d slightest cringe.

But y would anyone want to make sex references on a babies outfit! hmm

CoolCarrie Sat 17-Jun-17 21:11:49

I just looked on the Amazon page and I quite liked the " The fools put my cape on backwards" bib, that made me laugh, but the rest were awful, especially that blow job one.

BrexitSucks Sat 17-Jun-17 20:56:57

ha! I like it mildly. I love stuff in bad taste though.

Fanciedachange17 Sat 17-Jun-17 20:54:20

Eww. Just Ewww.

Beautiful innocent babies wearing crass rubbish bought by fools (with or without degrees it would seem).

buttercup54321 Sat 17-Jun-17 20:53:15

disgusting and tacky

Maireadplastic Sat 17-Jun-17 20:03:27

But iMiss, when people ask AIBU they are inviting judgements.

NewDayDawning Sat 17-Jun-17 19:54:22

Very inappropriate, sex references on baby clothing hmm

imisschocolate Sat 17-Jun-17 19:31:47

My comment was because there were sone implications regarding what posters considered the type of person that you buy them. Sone implied snobbery. It was not a boast it was to show that people were being judgmental.

Anyway, I was raised with manners, not to judge others and was taught that if you have nothing nice to say then keep your trap shut so am leaving this thread.

Bye bye judgiepants!

Wholovesorangesoda Sat 17-Jun-17 19:09:58

Still gross though, by the way

Wholovesorangesoda Sat 17-Jun-17 19:07:51

Ah I loved the been inside for 9 months one, got it for my dd when she was tiny.
The all daddy wanted was a blowjob one is nasty. The one in the OP I read more like one thing led to another rather than rape, but everyone interprets differently!

righteousviv Sat 17-Jun-17 18:50:19

Ha Ha imisschocolate from one professional person with two degrees (!!) to another I imagine that Maireadplastic was implying that not many people like a braggart and that how your child was conceived is not of interest to this thread (or possibly any other) nor is the fact that you are married (congratulations), have sexual relations (well done) and have managed to procreate (amazing)!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in