Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be irrationally upset with DH

(85 Posts)
EmmaBridgewatermug Fri 16-Jun-17 09:48:24

For xmas DH bought tickets to see a band in London, also booked a one night hotel stay in a place we've stayed before so I know its nice. I was extremely happy and grateful and have been looking forward to it for ages.
Now, DH has a habit of being a bit incompetent with arranging things but he reckons I'm too controlling so Ive sat back and not even looked at the arrangements as I know the place he's booked is good.
So, I ask if hes printed out the hotel booking ready for our travel next weekend and he hasn't so I said send it to my phone so I can print it out in work.
I look at the booking and hes only gone and booked a bloody twin room!!! I'm fucking tamping!!
We've got two teens at home and paper thin bedroom walls so any privacy and sex is very infrequent as it is. (I must add we arent loud but always on pins as the kids are always wandering around on the landing at all hours and they never go anywhere either to give us time alone).
I was so looking forward to this trip, I also find out hes booked just room only so no nice breakfast to look forward to either.
Im in work and ive actually gone to the loo and cried in disappointment which seems ridiculous, ive text DH raging and he is sorry but I'm fucked off with his sheer incompetence to do anything properly.
Is this an overreaction as at the moment I feel like telling him not to bother to go at all.

Shellsandstones1 Fri 16-Jun-17 09:49:37

What's tamping?

Shellsandstones1 Fri 16-Jun-17 09:50:10

I'd just sort it myself and get an upgrade!

annieannietomjoe Fri 16-Jun-17 09:50:36

Phone the hotel and ask if you can change to double...if not push beds together, don't let this tamper the arrangements and lovely night away together - I get it's disappointing but focus on the positives if you can. And just add on breakfast - no big deal there.

WhooooAmI24601 Fri 16-Jun-17 09:50:52

YABU. You don't need a huge bed for sex. Phone the hotel and ask for a normal bg bed if it bothers you, though.

EmmaBridgewatermug Fri 16-Jun-17 09:51:14

Haha, I'm giving away the fact I'm Welsh with 'tamping'

Can't upgrade or change, everywhere in the vicinity is fully booked.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Fri 16-Jun-17 09:51:23

IME some hotels are just twin rooms...before you go really mad, maybe try and change the booking. If you can't, you need to do a bit of furniture shifting and put the beds together!

bridgetreilly Fri 16-Jun-17 09:51:55

Phone the hotel and see if they can swap it for a double. And yes, you're being irrational and unreasonable. Get him to take you out somewhere nice for breakfast.

BastardGoDarkly Fri 16-Jun-17 09:52:17

No don't do that.

Push the beds together, shag on the floor, or on one bed.

Go out for a lovely breakfast.

I think crying in disappointment, is a little much, but I do understand the frustration.

disneykid Fri 16-Jun-17 09:52:42

Can't you just push the beds together ?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Fri 16-Jun-17 09:52:44

Cross-post. Also some hotels 'can't guarantee' room configuaration, which seems a bit mad, but there you go...

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Fri 16-Jun-17 09:53:24

And lots of London hotels seem to be room only, in you h's defence.

Helenluvsrob Fri 16-Jun-17 09:53:27

Honestly you are overreacting big time. You don't need a double bed to have sex , and if you do your imagination needs a boost!

As for breakfast it's London find somewhere amazing for brunch. Or you could always eat in the hotel anyway if you prefer but from what you said I reckon being dressed and at breakfast on a timetable might not be a priority 😂

Jayfee Fri 16-Jun-17 09:53:53

Definitely over reacting. Poor sod..him, not you. I think you should apologise hugely. You can have sex in a singe bed, you know!
And one of you ( ok i would expect it to be him, but all couples are different) could pop out early for lovely breakfast in bed!!

DonaldStott Fri 16-Jun-17 09:54:05

If this was a one off I would say yabu, but it sounds like it's the straw that broke the camels back.

SparklyScourer Fri 16-Jun-17 09:55:00

I get your frustration because I think it's a build up of things and you feel like he's let you down, you were expecting more. I get that don't worry.

It can be sorted though, but unfortunately you are the one to sort it.

I would say call the hotel, change your room add your breakfast brush it off and go and enjoy it.

My OH is rubbish at booking some things, like the bed thing might not even occur to him or he would forget until the day before. Some people are just like that, it's no excuse but my OH is very preoccupied with work most of the time so we have to actually put time aside to book stuff.

wifeyhun Fri 16-Jun-17 09:56:29

Yabu can't you just do it in one of them,

yuk.

ArialAnna Fri 16-Jun-17 09:57:55

YABU, and he's probably not great at organising as you always do it. He'll never improve if you don't let him try.

Just push the beds together. And you're in London so I bet there'll be some great breakfast options nearby that are much more exciting than your average lukewarm hotel buffet. Personally I prefer it when breakfast isnt included. Alternatively just ask the hotel to add breakfast - they are hardly going to turn down more money.

EmmaBridgewatermug Fri 16-Jun-17 09:58:46

Very much the straw that has broken the camels back to be honest.He just doesn't bloody THINK. He's not the romantic type at all and I'm not the type of woman that needs to be pandered to like that but this is typical of our relationship. We dont go anywhere without the kids tagging along, (we feel guilty even going for a meal without them) so this was meant to be proper 'us' time.

Ecureuil Fri 16-Jun-17 09:58:50

I think you're overreacting a tad...
I wouldn't book breakfast at a London hotel generally as there are plenty of lovely places to wander out and eat breakfast.
Twin room... meh, no big deal. You don't need a double bed to have sex.

EverythingEverywhere1234 Fri 16-Jun-17 09:59:49

In the nicest possible way, YABU. Sometimes you just have to have a twin room, maybe everything else was booked, and just go out for breakfast. Not sure why you're letting this ruin what you were rather excited about before! I think you owe him an apology.

Allthebestnamesareused Fri 16-Jun-17 10:02:52

If they can't switch to a double have sex on his bed, leave the wet patch there and then get back into your nice clean, dry bed to go to sleep!

Instead of having crappy hotel breakfast go somewhere nice for breakfast instead. If there is an All Bar One near the hotel at all they do lovely breakfasts!

WorraLiberty Fri 16-Jun-17 10:03:15

Blimey, massive over reaction.

You have 2 beds to choose from to have sex in, or have sex in both of them if you can find the stamina grin

Separate beds when it's time for actual sleep. Actually, make sure you pick the dry one grin

Breakfast? Go out and choose a lovely place to eat.

Neutrogena Fri 16-Jun-17 10:04:45

You have answered it yourself be asking if you are BU to be 'irrationally' upset with DH.
If you are being irrational, then yes.
I'm not saying it isn't understandable, but it's irrational.

EmmaBridgewatermug Fri 16-Jun-17 10:08:21

Grr this was booked at Xmas, he would have had both types of room to choose from and he could have added breakfast on then. Its a lovely little boutique hotel away from the centre of London so the 'experience' of staying there is a little bit special. But now we'll be in separate beds and driving around with a hangover trying to find breakfast before our 2.5 hour drive home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now