Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm pretty sure I am because of bloody PMT

(10 Posts)
BrightonBelleCat Thu 15-Jun-17 21:00:47

I live with dp and his son also lives with us. DSS mum is not really in the picture. Yesterday I gave him a fiver and said go and get your dad a Father's Day card and I will sort the present.

I ordered something on line which cost about £60 - an experience thingy.

DSS has come home today with a huge bag of gifts for dp that dp's Mum has bought.

I said did you tell your Nan I was sorting the present and DSS said 'yes but she said it was her job to sort it as dp is her son and I'm her grandson.'

I'm a bit hmm but am very pre menstrual so I don't know if I'm being unreasonable or not. Shall I return the gift?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 15-Jun-17 21:03:25

Unless she has a habit of stepping on your toes, I think you are over-reacting. Can he have all the presents maybe?

How old is DSS?
Can he not just give all the gifts? Although I personally think £60 on Father's Day is a little OTT so I would probably return it (and buy yourself something if Father's Day has been sorted grin)

Who did the gift last year? You or MIL?

BrightonBelleCat Thu 15-Jun-17 21:04:43

I should have added the experience thing is kind of for two so it's for him and his ds to enjoy. He does so much for my dc too so it's a thank you from everyone really.

And yes she is a toe stepper.

Migraleve Thu 15-Jun-17 21:05:20

Why can't he have all the gifts?

BrightonBelleCat Thu 15-Jun-17 21:06:52

He can it just now seems really excessive.

DSS is 15.

followTheyellowbrickRoad Thu 15-Jun-17 21:09:02

Did she not do anything last year? Maybe if it's something she has done in the past she still sees it as her place.

BrightonBelleCat Thu 15-Jun-17 21:10:23

I don't think she did last year. I think I just got him something.

NavyandWhite Thu 15-Jun-17 21:11:16

What's the problem here? DH gets a lot of presents?
wine

BrightonBelleCat Thu 15-Jun-17 21:14:15

Yeah I'm being premenstrual. She has got form for being 'I'm his mummy-ish'. Dp is 47.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now