Talk

Advanced search

You know you're ready to leave London when...

(61 Posts)
highinthesky Thu 15-Jun-17 17:59:46

....you feel like greeting everyone that crosses your path on the pavement with a "Fucker, fuck off out of my way!". I felt the same way at 5.30pm as I did at 8am confused

But being the reasonable person I am, I realise that London needs tourists more than it needs me.

QueenMortificado Thu 15-Jun-17 18:07:21

Come and work in the city. No tourists or slow workers over here

wineapotamus Thu 15-Jun-17 18:11:13

You swear at the weather forecast and dread it being hot because there's no fresh air or proper places to paddle.

Groupie123 Thu 15-Jun-17 18:13:41

Londoners are weirdos - hate London with a passion, yet can't function outside of it. Most of my Londoner friends who departed have returned.

stevie69 Thu 15-Jun-17 18:15:04

..... you arrive there blush

Sorry, I'm a northern lass. However, truly delicious men seem to live in London so, with that thought in mind, I may stay a while longer next time I visit wink

PacificDogwod Thu 15-Jun-17 18:16:35

I don't live in London, get unreasonably excited the rare occasion when I visit and love my stay - BUT: how do you stand all the people there?! shock

grin

I am always very relieved when I get to leave and go back to The Sticks, North of Hadrian's Wall.

sleepingdragons Thu 15-Jun-17 18:17:42

I miss London.

MaroonPencil Thu 15-Jun-17 18:19:37

I loved living in London. But I knew it was time to leave when my slightly down at heel street suddenly became trendy and I had to fight my way through crowds of graphic designers and baristas to get to my corner shop. It made me feel very old.

amusedbush Thu 15-Jun-17 18:22:10

I used to go out with a guy who lived in London and I visited every second weekend. The best bit about breaking up was not having to go back to London grin

waitforitfdear Thu 15-Jun-17 18:24:31

Love to visit wound hate to live there. Dh works there mon to thurs and hates it completely.

ThreeForAPound Thu 15-Jun-17 18:24:32

Another London bashing thread? Really?

In pretty poor taste today, too.

mangomay Thu 15-Jun-17 18:25:38

I knew it was time to leave London for good when a large house at the bottom of my otherwise lovely street was raided by armed police at 2am. I stood there cradling 6 week old DD, watching it all unfold and planning how I would leave. I was gone within 2 months. 10 years later I still love going back to visit, but after a couple of hours of all. the. people. I'm ready to come home to my quiet little town!

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Thu 15-Jun-17 18:26:09

i miss it too sleepingdragons ....I get actual pangs when i see the london skyline on tv!

I am going down this weekend to add to the tourist misery and get my fix of 24 hour pollution, high rises and cocktails!

mangomay Thu 15-Jun-17 18:27:14

I do think it's London bashing! I still love London, it's my home, wherever my house is. And if I didn't have children I've no doubt I'd still be living there, but I do and I'm not. I repeat, I still love London.

highinthesky Thu 15-Jun-17 18:27:37

I'm not bashing the city I've lived in for years and love, just highly pissed off with tourists getting underfoot at rush hour through general lack of spatial awareness.

Dewey595 Thu 15-Jun-17 18:27:46

Never.

waitforitfdear Thu 15-Jun-17 18:28:05

Three it's a light hearted thread. People rally round other people all over the country.

Thankfully

waitforitfdear Thu 15-Jun-17 18:28:24

Three it's a light hearted thread. People rally round other people all over the country.

Thankfully

mangomay Thu 15-Jun-17 18:28:28

Aaaahh I meant I DON'T think it's London bashing....

PookieDo Thu 15-Jun-17 18:28:36

I love London more than any other city but I don't really like commuting there very much

OneOfTheGrundys Thu 15-Jun-17 18:32:01

...your DH can't afford work space in your what used to be down-at-heel-now-trendy neighbourhood. Love visiting but much prefer having DH working nearer. We just couldn't afford what we needed in our area.

SallyGinnamon Thu 15-Jun-17 18:33:06

You know it's time to leave when you realise you can't actually be bothered going in!

Lived in Richmond and after a while realised I was paying a premium to live in the London environs but went out in Richmond, Kew etc. Never London.

Aridane Thu 15-Jun-17 18:34:26

Not ready to leave London - love it!

user1471545174 Thu 15-Jun-17 18:34:58

People don't lack spatial awareness, OP, there are just far too many of them.

Stillwishihadabs Thu 15-Jun-17 18:38:06

I think there is a special London spatial awareness. Also people walk quicker here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now