Talk

Advanced search

To wonder what on earth my neighbour is doing?

(18 Posts)
Sillysausage123 Tue 13-Jun-17 19:30:20

For the past week my next door neighbour has been hoovering pretty much all day every day and I'm wondering what he is doing as no house needs hoovering that much and this has just started over this week and hasn't had any building work done so no mess to clean up every day

His hoover is ridiculously loud and he only hoovered every so often before but now I'm wondering what he is doing.
Is it a sign of illegal activities as he can't seriously be hoovering all day?

123rd Tue 13-Jun-17 19:31:19

100% sure it's hoovering? Not sanding or drilling something?

SocksBoatsAndQats Tue 13-Jun-17 19:31:51

Are you sure he hasn't got himself a new attachment for his hoover?

He might be having the time of his life for all you know.

Sillysausage123 Tue 13-Jun-17 19:32:13

It's definitely hoovering as I know the sound of his hoover

WhiteCaribou Tue 13-Jun-17 19:32:39

Perhaps he's sanding his floorboards?

wowfudge Tue 13-Jun-17 19:56:48

If he's at a loose end, I could use his hoovering obsession talents! Plenty of hoovering needs doing here (Derbyshire), but I can't face it.

BlahBlahBlahEtc Tue 13-Jun-17 20:02:58

It's probably dust for whatever reason

catlovingdoctor Tue 13-Jun-17 20:04:04

He might have a flea infestation; in which case he definitely does need to hoover all day!

CherryChasingDotMuncher Tue 13-Jun-17 20:06:09

Do they have a baby? My friend hoovers for hours as it's he only thing that gets her 8wo to sleep!

Neome Tue 13-Jun-17 20:09:26

Have you actually seen your neighbour this week?

I think you should consider the possibility he/she has got stuck in the mechanism and can't escape or turn it off!

I suggest you park inconsiderately in front of neighbour's drive and if no polite note is delivered within the next 15 minutes call Social Services.

Or possibly the cones hotline.

Or fire brigade.

DontOpenDeadInside Tue 13-Jun-17 20:12:04

I've never seen one in action, but are those robot vacuums noisy like a normal vacuum?

Ellapaella Tue 13-Jun-17 20:14:54

Intrigued to know where you live because a friend of mine had a neighbour that never stopped hoovering at all hours of day and night, it drove her so crazy she eventually moved!

Redsippycup Tue 13-Jun-17 20:16:22

Could he be using a power tool that connects to the hoover to prevent dust?

Sanders, circular saws, jigsaws, routers, power planes etc all have that facility usually.

Maybe he's doing woodwork or redecorating?

Cornettoninja Tue 13-Jun-17 20:22:48

are you certain it's a hoover? Some air con units can be ridiculously noisy.

Pimmsypimms Tue 13-Jun-17 20:24:21

He could be winding back his gas meter. I knew of someone who used to do this, don't exactly know how it works, but you attach the hoover to the gas meter somehow and it winds the meter back. It takes a long time though apparently, so you have to have the hoover on all day to wind it back by just a bit.

Sillysausage123 Tue 13-Jun-17 21:10:09

Yes I've seen him this week so he hasn't had an accident and the hoover has been left on.
It's definitely his hoover as I know the noise as I've lived next to him for 3 years.

He is a 20 something lad, nice enough, we have occasional chats and he takes in parcels for me etc.
He does smoke weed occasionally as I smell it but I'm wondering is he starting growing weed? Do you need a hoover to clean up ?

I know someone will say ask him but I don't want it to look like I'm complaining about noise, I'm just curious as to what he is doing!

Mrsmadevans Tue 13-Jun-17 22:12:14

If you can't smell the weed then it's not weed lol. It stinks to high heaven! I am sure you already know this but grown in any quantity and it reeks!
Apparently they can use it (the hoover) for ...ahem ....personal use if you get my drift lol

Tapandgo Tue 13-Jun-17 22:28:02

Just ask him "can you hear the sound of hoovering as often as me? Do you know where it's coming from?"

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: