Talk

Advanced search

Silver Cross Wave... AIBU to expect us having another baby ASAP?

(12 Posts)
Buffbabies Sun 11-Jun-17 20:01:35

I have FINALLY found the pram for us, the Silver Cross Wave. I was discussing my choice with my family and said how it would be useful as DP wants another baby ASAP after this one - ideally no more than 18 months between birthdays.

I some negative comments and now they're really pushing me to get another pram.

I still want this pram regardless of if we have another baby soon after or not. Plus even if it's later than 18 months, we could very possibly have two children soon and wouldn't it be smarter to get a pram that can convert?

Also, getting a different pram isn't going to influence if we have another baby. But now I'm constantly getting texts suggesting other peaks for a single baby. It's a bit much. Should I say something? Get another pram to appease them? Not be trying for another so soon?

Namesarehard Sun 11-Jun-17 20:04:22

What has your pram choice got to do with your family?

PandoraMole Sun 11-Jun-17 20:04:29

Get the pram you want...You're paying for it, you're using it. Whatever the reasons behind your choice it's no one else's business.

namechange20050 Sun 11-Jun-17 20:12:03

Don't engage with them about it; you should choose what pram you want. However maybe have one baby first before you plan the second! One step at a time!

Allthewaves Sun 11-Jun-17 20:12:22

Is it the price being £1000

JustHappy3 Sun 11-Jun-17 20:17:37

YABVU - you need the Bugaboo donkey. Because it will carry your bag with the first one. And if there is no second one (cos life can be a bitch) then it'll resell well.
Seriously - with a first pregnancy there are some things you just need to splurge on and enjoy. Don't worry about practical if you have that dosh to spare - buy something you love. Save all the practicality for the 2nd baby

AbbeyRoadCrossing Sun 11-Jun-17 20:20:27

Unless your family are buying it then your buggy choice is up to you.

Although I have a small age gap and once they are toddlers and heavy all double buggies are evil!

Funkymonkey11 Sun 11-Jun-17 20:21:19

YABU you need an uppababy vista. So you can get through normal sized doors (unlike the Donkey) and fit loads of shopping underneath (unlike any bugaboo) I'm biased tho. Get the pram you want but i wouldn't broadcast your plans on a second child snd timescales, what if it takes you a longer time to conceive etc? All you'll get is them saying "wheres the next baby then?" Etc etc

Decaffstilltastesweird Sun 11-Jun-17 20:24:21

Buy the pram you want!

And fgs stop telling people your plans re age gaps etc. It's just adds unnecessary pressure.

Rosieumbrella Sun 11-Jun-17 20:25:22

YANBU, We did this. We knew we wanted two close together so we bought a travel system that would convert to double to save us having to buy another one. It saved us loads of money, lots of couples from our NCT group ended up having to go out and spend again when their second came along as a one or two year gap was really popular. My DC are 1 and 3 now and I still love my pushchair and use it every day, either single or double smile

elpinguino Sun 11-Jun-17 21:19:36

We just ordered the wave today because it's beautiful and we love it. Spent ages agonising and looking at a lot of other options, but the potential to convert to double (we're aware we're not getting any younger and although the idea of one baby is scary at the moment let alone two, I'm considering the fact that a big age gap would make me quite old!) was a real plus point. Get what you want to, tis your baby and your decision.

mygorgeousmilo Sun 11-Jun-17 21:26:45

Has this baby even arrived yet?! Maybe have this one before you worry about planning the next. Why is this all so intense confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now