Talk

Advanced search

Why are you wooing? Shut the fuck up you gobby bastards

(47 Posts)
Noisybastardsshutup Sat 10-Jun-17 22:57:35

Would ibu to shout that out the window? Noisy bastards somewhere behind my house are having a party. All I can hear is bad singing and then wooing. I may be being a little unhinged but I've been up since 5 for work and have to be up again early in the morning. They've woken Dd up 3 times and now she won't sleep.

MaidOfStars Sat 10-Jun-17 23:03:51

It's too early on a Saturday night to legitimately complain, IMO.

That's assuming it's an irregular occurrence.

Noisybastardsshutup Sat 10-Jun-17 23:06:23

I've heard noise most weekends but not this bad. I don't even know what house its coming from. Now they are fucking whistling.

Shockers Sat 10-Jun-17 23:11:40

I would have to chuck a grenade in to stop the whistling.

Woo all you like, but start whistling and I'll have to silence you.

Nettletheelf Sat 10-Jun-17 23:14:40

Wooing as in shouting "woo, woo!" to bad dance music records or going a-wooing in the romantic sense?

Nettletheelf Sat 10-Jun-17 23:15:10

If the latter, report back.

Grilledaubergines Sat 10-Jun-17 23:16:25

Bit early to complain, I think.

If it's not died down by say 2.00am ish then YANBU

Noisybastardsshutup Sat 10-Jun-17 23:20:57

They're singing badly then when they're finished the rest go woo and whistle and clap. I'm not sure what's worse the singing or the wooing. Dd has gone to sleep. I'm going to try and sneak out and look out the window to try and find where its coming from.

Tippitoesandbuttonnose Sat 10-Jun-17 23:22:40

I'm sure it's past 11 o clock you can complain about noise.

Tippitoesandbuttonnose Sat 10-Jun-17 23:23:53

www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/noise-nuisance-and-neighbours

silkpyjamasallday Sat 10-Jun-17 23:30:33

YANBU op, I live on a street with lots of students and I dread Friday and Saturday nights because the levels of noise mean dd will keep waking and I get no relaxation time in an evening. It makes me murderously angry, but I know most people think it's unreasonable to go over and complain. DP just goes over to the closest student neighbours, who are the biggest problem, at 6 or 7 am when dd gets up and is very polite in asking they keep it down next time to get revenge.

Noisybastardsshutup Sat 10-Jun-17 23:31:14

I've looked out of the window and I couldn't see anything. All I can tell is its at the back to my right. Dd is asleep for now. They're singing louder now. Just had an Oasis medley then when louder cheering.

YogiYoni Sat 10-Jun-17 23:33:21

Ha. I was sure this was going to be another Facebook / Corbynista post grin

Grilledaubergines Sat 10-Jun-17 23:36:44

OP, if they're throwing themselves wholeheartedly into medleys at this time of night, I wouldn't worry too much; they'll have burnt themselves out soon and will all drop like flies.

Noisybastardsshutup Sat 10-Jun-17 23:37:10

Sorry to disappoint Yogi.

ssd Sun 11-Jun-17 00:05:32

make sure you play a cd of your dd's favourite music really loudly at 7am in the garden

ClumsyFool Sun 11-Jun-17 00:46:04

Why is something too early just because it's a Saturday? Not everyone works mon-fri, I am up for work at 5am when I work a Sunday and have the right to sleep as much as someone who works only weekdays. Courtesy shouldn't be limited to weeknights. Plus when it's my weekend in I do my longest and busiest shifts.

Noisybastardsshutup Sun 11-Jun-17 06:38:02

They were still going when Dp got home at 3am. Dd woke up 3 more times.

AwaywiththePixies27 Sun 11-Jun-17 07:04:25

Do you live near me OP? My ignorant bastards were still going strong at gone 3am this morning!

<wave at possible similar pissed off neighbour>.

I rang and complained. Nobody was coming out even though it's a regular occurrence. I'm so tempted to put Iron Maiden on full blast and duck off out for the day, only it wouldn't be fair on the other neighbours who also gad sleepless nights! It'd eat away at ger hangover that's for sure.

Papafran Sun 11-Jun-17 07:12:48

Why is something too early just because it's a Saturday? Not everyone works mon-fri, I am up for work at 5am when I work a Sunday and have the right to sleep as much as someone who works only weekdays. Courtesy shouldn't be limited to weeknights. Plus when it's my weekend in I do my longest and busiest shifts

to be fair, shouting and whistling at any time of day or night is extremely annoying. I don't think anyone has a 'right' to be excessively noisy like this, whether it's the week or weekend. There is no need for it.

Noisybastardsshutup Sun 11-Jun-17 07:26:12

Yes I could have coped with the bad singing just about but it was the cheering and whistling that sent me over the edge.

AwaywiththePixies27 Sun 11-Jun-17 07:29:07

Hope your DD managed some sleep in the end OP. I know from experience how grumpy DCs are when woken up.

Ignorant neighbours should be made to babysit them for the following day but I wouldn't trust these shower of chavs to look after a goldfish never mind a little human.

Ferrynice Sun 11-Jun-17 08:03:16

We had the exact same last night.
Terrible singing, there was an oasis medley in there, lots of wooing and a woman with an incredibly irritating whiny voice !
Woke DD up a few times. It was pouring down with rain too, I would of been a bit more understanding if it was nice weather.

Edenrose206 Sun 11-Jun-17 08:09:42

I thought it was going to be a thread about lustful noisy wood pigeons going a-wooing! I've had it with my lot. wink

silkpyjamasallday Sun 11-Jun-17 08:47:02

Peppa pig or similar playing at full volume is a killer for hungover people... it's my preferred revenge tactic grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now