Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To finally feel wanted and sexy

(10 Posts)
pineappleshortbread Fri 09-Jun-17 15:16:49

Not really an aibu but hey,

Me and my husband have been having some difficulties lately. My depression has got a lot worse and I've been struggling with an additction to pr prescription meds so as a result I haven't been putting much effort into my appearance or my relationship and despite dh trying I've been pushing him away and He has felt unloved and unwanted. Completely my fault I know.

Sex has been scarce and usually only happens in the middle of the night when we wake up just a quickie roll over and back to sleep.

But today I was sleeping ready for night shift and he came up and surprised me and it was some of the best Sex we have had in ages and it felt so intimate and lovely. This is the first time in months that I feel good about myself. I feel loved and Sex and like we are finally taking a positive step forward.

Basically aibu in thinking that having and initiating Sex at normal hours of the day is an important part of feeling Sex, loved and wanted by your oh. I realise a lot of this failing is on my part due to my depression but I finally feel like I'm taking a step forward to feeling better and I think that if we can improve our Sex lives our marriage will start to get better?

Thank you if you managed to make it to the end flowers

VladmirsPoutine Fri 09-Jun-17 15:44:54

Is your husband a Corbynite? grin

SerfTerf Fri 09-Jun-17 15:48:42

Vladimir grin

I hope isn't politics-related OP, and that it lasts smile

Mulch Fri 09-Jun-17 15:48:52

Your not Mrs Corbyn are you?

pineappleshortbread Fri 09-Jun-17 18:11:01

No not politics purely personal. Should have known that today people might get confused.

I'm hoping it lasts to but I know that I've got a lot of effort to put in and a lot of making up to do before we get back to how once were

pineappleshortbread Fri 09-Jun-17 21:44:09

DailyMailDontStealMyThread Fri 09-Jun-17 21:56:24

Why do you have a lot of effort to put in?

Stop taking the flack and find out what is going on.

I mean this in a nice way.

Fauchelevent Fri 09-Jun-17 21:59:53

I don't know if not putting effort into your appearance and having a tough time makes it your fault.

Happy you had great sex though OP, but remember to recover and reach health for nobody but yourself and your own benefit first.

pineappleshortbread Fri 09-Jun-17 22:43:14

Well I used to put a bit of effort into putting some make up on every now and then and wearing nice clothes not pyjamas and jogging pants constantly. I've also been quite distant and although dh has tried his best to be supportive and give me time he has been feeling a bit unloved recently which has added unnecessary strain.

He has tries bless him and now it's my turn to put some effort in before the marriage totally falls apart

pineappleshortbread Fri 09-Jun-17 22:44:20

I know it's not my fault fauchelevent but it does feel like it sometimes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now