Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask you all to vote for the good guys?

(73 Posts)
sexymuthafunker Thu 08-Jun-17 07:47:48

www.thecanary.co/2017/06/08/two-minutes-corbyns-campaign-thats-brought-nation-tears-video/

dontbesillyhenry Thu 08-Jun-17 07:48:29

Ffs.
There are a plethora of other threads you could have posted on.

CherriesInTheSnow Thu 08-Jun-17 07:49:58

Yayyyyy! I've cast my vote for labour this morning, am trying to avoid watching news all day and just hoping that we can make a change.

MacarenaFerreiro Thu 08-Jun-17 07:50:27

Goodies vs Baddies.

That's right. hmm

Justanotherlurker Thu 08-Jun-17 07:52:09

[[https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBu7-8mUQAAyOgg.jpg HAHAHAHAHAH its a canary link!!!]

Justanotherlurker Thu 08-Jun-17 07:52:34

HAHAHAHAHAH its a canary link!!!

Bugger....

TheNaze73 Thu 08-Jun-17 07:53:25

Anyone preparing to double the national debt for the next few generations to pay off, is ultimately the bad guy.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Thu 08-Jun-17 07:54:31

The op is posting on a plethora of other threads.......

Westray Thu 08-Jun-17 07:56:29

Yes thanks, I am voting for the party that sees our future as part of Europe.

TisGlorious Thu 08-Jun-17 07:58:14

This is all a bit Cowboys and Indians hmm

Radishal Thu 08-Jun-17 07:59:07

Grow up, op. Or don't, your choice.

DollsHouseTales Thu 08-Jun-17 07:59:31

I am voting for the leader I think can get the best Brexit deal and indeed the best leader of our country. which is TM.

If anyone things the ideological promises of any party are going to come about they can't have been reading the news, ever. Brexit is a one in a lifetime chance to get right. A weak leader is not going to cut it.

Dandandandandandandan Thu 08-Jun-17 08:01:06

Oh man, if only I'd seen yet another self-interested MN thread in time, but I just voted. What a shame.

Nikephorus Thu 08-Jun-17 08:01:10

Been and voted - it wasn't a difficult decision - Theresa May for me. (But yes, the thought of having Corbyn as PM does bring tears to my eyes)

Smellbellina Thu 08-Jun-17 08:03:00

I am voting for the best person to lead the negotiations too. I have much more faith in Keir Starmer than David Davis

CherriesInTheSnow Thu 08-Jun-17 08:03:17

It is worrying how many people solely rely on news headlines and biased spins on information to form their political opinions.

Very worrying indeed sad

PizzaPower Thu 08-Jun-17 08:05:05

I'm voting for the good guy. Of course your idea of the good guy might be different to mine!

RandomDent Thu 08-Jun-17 08:06:56

Even Darth Vader had good in him.

Shame about the planet bombing and stuff though.

Middleoftheroad Thu 08-Jun-17 08:08:00

Nah....it looks like a rubbish film......

You ask very politely though, like my children when they ask if they can borrow money to buy sweets. I'm sure your canvassing will persuade some. NOT.

Middleoftheroad Thu 08-Jun-17 08:08:38

Wasn't Blair the good guy once?

PigletWasPoohsFriend Thu 08-Jun-17 08:09:31

The Canary? Don't make me laugh.

The lefts equivalent of the Daily Mail.

LuckyAmy1986 Thu 08-Jun-17 08:09:33

Cherries, are you saying anyone who votes differently to you forms their opinions in this way? And do you worry about people who vote the same as you but form their opinion in this way? Genuinely intersted

sexymuthafunker Thu 08-Jun-17 08:10:00

There's an election today in case you hadn't noticed. And there is no rule against "posting on other threads" or starting your own thread.

Ripping up human rights law, selling off NHS, underfunding education whilst spending £205 billion on Trident & £7billion on refurbishing Westminster, selling arms to Isis supporters the list goes on... they ARE the bad guys - let's vote them out!

P.S it's Cowboys and Native Americans.

Bigbiscuits Thu 08-Jun-17 08:10:20

Just voted concervative.

But thanks anyway.

CherriesInTheSnow Thu 08-Jun-17 08:11:29

And it is ironic to me how people claim that left veering voters are more "self interested" that right voters. Not even because of the principles of the whole basis of left wing politics being more "for the people". But simply because labour's policies are naturally targeted towards the majority. So any vote that benefits the majority of people who need those benefits, can hardly be claimed as self interested. For example I'm not disabled but the conservative disability cuts are truly abhorent, so I wish to be able to change this for the people it effects.

Sigh while I try my best to respect that people have different outlooks on life and different experiences which shape their opinions, it is disheartening to see the sheer number of people turning this into either a popularity contest or even worse spouting mainstream media headlines and using this as ironclad backing for their I'll informed or misguided opinions.

Please remember that no party in decades has won an election without mainstream media backing, and ask yourself who is in charge here and what their motivation is.

Please, please be more discerning than this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now