Talk

Advanced search

To think it is clear where Corbyn will get the money from?

(191 Posts)
malificent7 Wed 07-Jun-17 22:08:51

Taxes of course... especially the rich.
Which is how it should be.

londonrach Wed 07-Jun-17 22:11:46

Not as simple as that. You never raise as much as you think.

malificent7 Wed 07-Jun-17 22:14:24

The more people earn/ recieve in welfare, the more people spend which is great for the econoy surely.
Ghetoisation of the poor is disastrous.

OdinsLoveChild Wed 07-Jun-17 22:14:31

Dont be silly its the magic money tree. Havent you read all these threads on mn and posts on social media?

PNGirl Wed 07-Jun-17 22:14:36

I find "magic money tree" massively irritating but I think the constant repetition of it is supposed to mean "there is no magic money tree so it will come out of your pay packets".

malificent7 Wed 07-Jun-17 22:15:33

Economy even

WalkingOnLeg0 Wed 07-Jun-17 22:16:08

Well there is the proposed Land Value Tax on everyone. Also his spending will raise taxes and costs for everyone to a very high level. I hope those food banks are stocked up. Belt up we could be in for a car crash.

Rinkydinkypink Wed 07-Jun-17 22:17:25

The rich will leave! In droves especially when we're not in the EU, they're being taxed to fuck and a massive rise in corporation tax will see the incentive for industry to leave the UK, stop business from expanding, which will reduce jobs etc.

Corbyns figures don't add up because they don't take reaction into account!

hahahaIdontgetit Wed 07-Jun-17 22:17:53

His plans don't work with a Brexit situation. We need to attract companies and high earners, not turn them off.

cardibach Wed 07-Jun-17 22:18:26

I think you are thinking of the Tories, Walking. They have only ruled out tax rises for the top 5% confused

RunRabbitRunRabbit Wed 07-Jun-17 22:19:15

Yes, the rich, but even if Corbyn does get as much from them as he hopes, that still won't be anywhere near enough money so it will come from everyone else's taxes too or from borrowing, which is the same as taking it from your children's taxes and benefits.

If there was easy guaranteed money lying around every party would be after it.

malificent7 Wed 07-Jun-17 22:19:18

At least there will be pay packets if austerity ends. Those 20, 000 police are out of jobs... and pay packets and we are all less safe as a result. And more skint than ever!

OddBoots Wed 07-Jun-17 22:20:32

Stimulation has to be better than the disaster of austerity which has left us behind the other countries hit by the banking crisis.

cardibach Wed 07-Jun-17 22:20:37

Rinky a rise in Coropration Tax still leaving it the lowest (almost? Can't remember if there is one lower) in the G7 won't cause firms to leave, I wouldn't have thought. The amount extra for top earners isn't enough to make moving economically viable either.

Iflyaway Wed 07-Jun-17 22:23:21

Just seen on Facebook...

The money tree

Is in Panama and The Caymen Islands.

wink

Alittlepotofrosie Wed 07-Jun-17 22:23:35

There's plenty of money. Its just being thrown away into various instutitutions that need massive reform for the good of the general public. So much wastage in public spending. Curb that, make the tax dodgers pay their taxes and make big corporations pay. Seems logical to me.

VeuveLilies Wed 07-Jun-17 22:27:29

There's no land tax, it's not true
The companies won't leave, it's too complex and corp tax will be lower than most countries anyway
The higher tax payers won't leave, no-one left when it was 50% and there aren't that many jobs worldwide either

Abitofaproblem Wed 07-Jun-17 22:42:29

What happens if the proposed tax rise from the rich is not enough. What then? He promised absolutely no increase for 95% of the population proudly.

I think land value tax was mentioned in the manifesto, it might be next.

Then what? Printing press?

Covfefe Wed 07-Jun-17 22:46:02

Corporations will leave or downsize because of hard Brexit that the Tories want.

Finola1step Wed 07-Jun-17 22:47:19

"What do we want?"
"A Money Tree"
"When do we want it?"
"Now!"

I've seen many a GE campaign and JC's has been quite extraordinary. He's gone up miles in my estimation.

thinkiamgoingcrazy Wed 07-Jun-17 22:52:34

It's fine:

Lilmisskittykat Wed 07-Jun-17 23:05:43

'20, 000 police are out of jobs..'.... No they are claiming their pensions. They didn't get fired just not replaced.

We will all be taxed to death to pay for all his promises.

seoulsurvivor Wed 07-Jun-17 23:10:55

Taxed to death? That sounds horrible.

Joey7t8 Wed 07-Jun-17 23:12:47

Money raised from corporation tax has increased year on year as the tax rate has decreased. Why on earth would you try to fix something that isn't broke?

Booph Wed 07-Jun-17 23:13:10

anyone have any MP expense figures regarding how much could be saved in that area? I'm sure more could be done there although I admit I'm not well versed in the matter. I know they were overhauled several years ago but it still seems bizarre to me that they get paid salaries far higher than most but are still allowed to claim £20k a year in rent, along with multiple seemingly strange things.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: