Talk

Advanced search

To think having a baby that's weaning is amazing

(12 Posts)
ProudBadMum Tue 06-Jun-17 12:47:09

Made a dairylea milk roll sandwich for the 8 month old. Decided to nick a bit and now I've just made my own sandwich.

It's the most glorious thing ever.

My son never liked it and still doesn't so forgot about it. I'm trying this one with all the things I've forgotten about grin

Mrsglitterfairy Tue 06-Jun-17 13:01:40

Yabu for making me want a dairylea sandwich when I'm in the middle of nowhere and the nearest shops are about 20 mins away.

toffeeboffin Tue 06-Jun-17 13:04:24

Milk roll?

God it's been years since I had that!

Camomila Tue 06-Jun-17 13:08:52

Snap! We're having cream cheese and cherry tomato sandwiches for lunch here.

I'm also partial to an apple rice cake or two.

CowParsleyNettle Tue 06-Jun-17 13:11:19

Soft cheese and cucumber in seeded sandwich thins with black pepper. Too good for toddlers in this house!

thethoughtfox Tue 06-Jun-17 13:28:46

Just be careful: soft white bread is one of the most difficult things for babies as they have yet to work out how to use their tongues to get it off the roof of their mouths when it sticks. There is advice and caution about this in weaning books. It's likely to be even more sticky with a pastry filling like Dairylea. Sorry for being a wet blanket [big grin]

thethoughtfox Tue 06-Jun-17 13:29:13

And unable to use smileys grin

ProudBadMum Tue 06-Jun-17 14:45:59

I saw it in ASDA today and had to buy it. I had forgotten about its existence

She loved it, she's a food monster and I sit with her while she eats.

Ollivander84 Tue 06-Jun-17 14:50:10

Even better if you toast it and put the dairylea in the middle ;)

ProudBadMum Tue 06-Jun-17 15:40:39

I'll be having that tonight when she's in bed grin

toomuchtooold Tue 06-Jun-17 16:16:14

You have to give Hippie chocolate pudding a go as well. Not for your DD necessarily but it helps​ to have a baby with you when you go down the baby aisle to get it for yourself grin

ProudBadMum Tue 06-Jun-17 16:23:00

She will eat pretty much anything and die st pull a face at anything but raw carrot. I'm trying to give her everything and anything so that I can eat anything and everything grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now