Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Rsvp to a children's party

(22 Posts)
deaddeadgood Mon 05-Jun-17 10:36:53

New to the minefield that is children's parties!
I've just rsvp'ed 5 days before the party. Is this bad form?

NavyandWhite Mon 05-Jun-17 10:39:07

When did you get the invite?

MrsD79 Mon 05-Jun-17 10:40:16

No that's ok. It's when you don't reply that's bad form.

bojorojo Mon 05-Jun-17 10:41:24

No. that's ok. Obviously immediately is best but the host will understand.

monkeywithacowface Mon 05-Jun-17 10:42:40

Suppose it depends when you got the invite and what type of party it is. I would say 5 days before is bordering on inconsiderate if you got the invite two weeks ago and its a party that is paid for per head in advance. If its a birthday tea at home and you got the invite last week, not so bad.

MyPatronusIsAUnicorn Mon 05-Jun-17 10:43:00

Unless you got it a few days ago I'd say you have left it pretty late. Probably not so much of an issue if it's a party in a hall type thing but a pay per head one, I'd be pissed off. Actually I'd be pissed off anyway because I plan food, party bags etc in advance and I'd want to know who was going to be there earlier than this. I put RSPV by ..... on my invitations.

KC225 Mon 05-Jun-17 10:44:49

Sooner the better for me but 5 days is ok. As above poster said, not replying at all and turning up is bloody rude. And not replying or acknowledging it at all is bloody rude.

kaytee87 Mon 05-Jun-17 10:45:50

Well when did you get the invite and was there a rsvp by date on it?

deaddeadgood Mon 05-Jun-17 15:33:19

Oh god I feel awful. I got the invite about 3 weeks ago but other child is in and out of hospital so 'normal' life takes a back seat at the moment.
It's at home but was worried about them organising things in advance as a pp suggested.
Hope they're not too pissed off. I did apologise for late reply and offer to help!

deaddeadgood Mon 05-Jun-17 15:33:36

No rsvp date either

ItchyKondera Mon 05-Jun-17 15:36:22

I wouldn't worry, sounds like you had other things to deal with!
If its a general hall hire with soft play and cake type party where its just a case of making sure you have the right number of party bags and cheese sarnies 5 days is plenty
If its something with fixed numbers and the host is paying per head etc, that could be a bit harder.
Did the invite say what the party was?

dementedpixie Mon 05-Jun-17 15:39:48

5 days before is fine, don't worry

MrTumblesbitch Mon 05-Jun-17 15:43:47

I would say cutting it fine in normal circumstances, but having seen your update wouldn't strsss at all. If I was party host, i would cutting you a whole load of slack and be impressed you had replied this quickly to be honest!

Montsti Mon 05-Jun-17 15:45:36

It's not ideal unless you only got the invite a week ago but, as pps have said it does depends on what kind of party it is and if they put an rsvp date. My daughter had a party that I had to pay a decent amount per head so it was particularly irritating when 2 kids just didn't pitch on the day (they weren't ill)....I did put an rsvp date though and everyone did on time...also sent a reminder the day before!

kaytee87 Mon 05-Jun-17 15:47:46

Within the week you received the invite would have been best but I'm sure they'll understand with everything you have going on. Also if there's no rsvp date and it's at home then maybe the host wasn't too worried about numbers.

weeblueberry Mon 05-Jun-17 15:47:51

Unless there's an actual RSVP date on it you're probably OK. I put one on mine because the venue had to know numbers a week in advance.

Didn't stop folk not RSVPing then just turning up though...angry

daveyfish Mon 05-Jun-17 15:51:44

I think 5 days for a party held at home is fine, esp if you've got other stuff on your mind. we had last few rsvps for a party held at the weekend (at home) with two or three days to spare and I didn't mind at all, was still before started food and party bag prep.

deaddeadgood Mon 05-Jun-17 16:01:25

Ok hopefully she'll cut me some slack!
Do parents attend too? It's a 4 year old party but dc is 2.5. Wouldn't want to leave her

Iamastonished Mon 05-Jun-17 16:02:37

I would expect you to stay with a 2.5 year old.

firawla Mon 05-Jun-17 16:04:05

I'd say it's fine, I wouldn't be annoyed as the host mum personally especially if you mentiAob you'd had a lot on with hospital. At 4 yr old party I find most parents normally stay

ItchyKondera Mon 05-Jun-17 16:04:14

Yes you need to attend and stay smile the new trend round here is offering fancy food and wine for the parents while we watch our kids bounce off the walls and each other high on sugar....

deaddeadgood Mon 05-Jun-17 16:11:20

Thanks all! My rsvp'ing will be impeccable next time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now