Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bastard pop up pirate

(14 Posts)
BasinHaircut Mon 05-Jun-17 07:35:41

AIBU to expect that the hole which causes the pirate to pop up is not the same fucking hole every single time??

After a very scientific test it seems that there are only 2 holes which make mr pirate pop, they are right next to each other, and they only change once every 7-10 goes.

Do I have a faulty one or has pop up pirate gone the same way as buckaroo and got really shit in the last 30 years?

And don't get me started on that fucking donkey, he doesn't even buck <takes deep breath>

Iamtheresurrection Mon 05-Jun-17 08:49:24

Our pop up pirate is different every time. Don't play that often as somehow DS ends up with the pirate hitting his face and that's the fun over!

DoJo Mon 05-Jun-17 08:51:45

Do you spin him round when you push him down? That's how our one changes...

skyzumarubble Mon 05-Jun-17 08:52:36

Buckaroo is so crap!! We actually returned the first one as it didn't buck. At all. Replacement is just the same.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Mon 05-Jun-17 09:03:14

PUP has to be twisted when you put him in. Can't remember how, but it is possible to move him.

LexieLulu Mon 05-Jun-17 09:05:33

When you put the pirate back in you press it down and twist, moving the hole that makes the pirate go pop.

My 3 year old loves that game x

witchofzog Mon 05-Jun-17 09:06:09

I miss pop up pirate. Ds is nearly 16 and does not want to play it anymore (misses the point)

allegretto Mon 05-Jun-17 09:06:40

We have lost half the swords so quite often the pop up pirate just won't pop.

BasinHaircut Mon 05-Jun-17 11:30:19

I DID NOT KNOW TOU ARE SUPPOSED TO TWIST THE PIRATE?!

Why didn't anyone tell me that?

allegretto I am obsessed with making sure all of the swords go back in the box after. I'm blasé with most bits of toys but puzzles and pop up pirate have to be stored correctly.

Buckaroo is just silly though, I remember getting actual injuries from it back in the day. Now I can throw a lasso at it from 6m away and it doesn't even register a movement. Bloody health and safety...

Miniwookie Mon 05-Jun-17 11:46:51

Buckeroo has a little switch to adjust the sensitivity. You probably already know this, but I didn't realise for ages...

Dandandandandandandan Mon 05-Jun-17 11:49:08

Is pop up pirate a bit like "I vant to bite your finger", in that you don't know what "time" the vampire will bite you and it's randomly generated each time?

I bought that for DP last Father's Day, because he wanted it (don't ask!) but the vampire teeth have long since dried up sad sad

Fruitbat1980 Mon 05-Jun-17 11:50:47

YABU. You need to twist Mr pirate.
Alternatively buy Hungry hippos instead and carrying out scientific tests on which colour Hippo is most effective (green) like what I do!

ChasedByBees Mon 05-Jun-17 11:54:57

That's so funny you're not twisting it! 😂

That's what makes the holes change.

BasinHaircut Mon 05-Jun-17 13:24:39

mini on any sensitivity buckaroo is shit nowadays. Wish I kept my T one from when I was a child. Would have had DS's eye out by now!

chased i will investigate whether. Says that on the box but I'm sure you didn't need to in my day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now