Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What's acceptable to take from a hotel stay?

(111 Posts)
cheesychops Sun 04-Jun-17 21:01:47

Just reading the magazines in the hotel room and wondering- is it acceptable to take these home with me?!?

Also wondering what hotel goodies people generally snaffle home after a hotel stay.

Personally, I'll be taking the posh 'ground coffee bags' and the packets of biscuits biscuitgrin, but will probably leave the miniature toiletries as they always hang around and don't get used...

NotSuchASmugMarriedNow1 Sun 04-Jun-17 21:03:44

I always take the TV and duvet

LemonRedwood Sun 04-Jun-17 21:04:47

I always take the toiletries! They're useful for my washbasin when we visit the in-laws. I also make sure I've snaffled the biscuits into my handbag each day before housekeeping comes because then they replenish them... grin

LemonRedwood Sun 04-Jun-17 21:05:33

Washbag, not washbasin. Stupid autocorrect. I literally never use that word on purpose.

HighwayDragon1 Sun 04-Jun-17 21:05:57

The perishables like biscuits not that there are ever any left the miniatures and stuff that it's obvious had one time use, like little wrapped up shower caps.

cheesychops Sun 04-Jun-17 21:06:17

Lemonredwood hubby was very angry today as I forgot to hide my share of biscuits before housekeeping arrived blush

DeadGood Sun 04-Jun-17 21:07:02

Not grin

LemonRedwood Sun 04-Jun-17 21:07:02

Rookie mistake cheesy

barrygetamoveonplease Sun 04-Jun-17 21:07:24

I don't want any of their germy things. I might take partially-used soap if it seems wasteful to leave it.

SavoyCabbage Sun 04-Jun-17 21:07:29

Surely there is no need to ask this as there is a whole 'Friends' episode to help clarify the hotel situation.

You can take the salt but not the shaker.

Dingalingalingaling Sun 04-Jun-17 21:07:30

Take the consumables. Although I imagine hotels budget for a certain amount of stuff going missing, that wouldn't give you carte blanche to take what you wanted.

Birdsbeesandtrees Sun 04-Jun-17 21:07:32

I always eat the biscuits blush

toffeeboffin Sun 04-Jun-17 21:08:08

Toiletries and coffee sachets.

Not the magazines.

BunsBumpBlur Sun 04-Jun-17 21:08:34

😂 😂 notsuch

I take the posh toiletries and disposable slippers and take them to my neighbour's Dorset cottage for her "bathroom basket"

thegreylady Sun 04-Jun-17 21:09:43

I take toiletries (miniatures) and any uneaten biscuits. I am in a small hotel near KingsX atm and have earmarked shampoo and shower gel, we do use them. There were no biscuits but we ate at Carluccios at St Pancras where I nipped in to Fortnum and Mason (posh eh) and bought biscuits and naice tea bags. I wouldn't take anything which hadn't been intended to be used up by me. The magazines are usually for info about the area and have a 'please do not remove' label.

cheesychops Sun 04-Jun-17 21:12:08

I've got Good Housekeeping and Home & Garden with no do not remove label. They're mine now...

QuirstThenching Sun 04-Jun-17 21:14:01

As long as you replace them with a couple of Take A Breaks with the puzzles filled in

Ilikecheeriosyum Sun 04-Jun-17 21:15:45

In hotels they expect you to take the toiletries and edibles.

They aren't allowed to keep them and use them again for hygiene reasons, that's why they're so small!

They just get thrown away so take them, you've paid for them.

AfroBrown Sun 04-Jun-17 21:16:11

Remote batteries but not the remote 😁

MrsELM21 Sun 04-Jun-17 21:16:24

I worked in hotels for a long time, take any toiletries and anything off the tea/coffee/biscuits tray, don't take the magazines they do have a few spare but you always have to go searching for them and get in trouble if you can't find any to replace in a room you've cleaned, it's really bloody annoying

Rachel0Greep Sun 04-Jun-17 21:20:31

The bed, the tv, the curtains... wink

Nothing actually, in my case. I bring my own toiletries etc.

WillowWeeping Sun 04-Jun-17 21:22:22

mrselm I gave a question grin

Is it acceptable to take the shoe bags? The ones that they leave with the laundrey bags for if you want your shoes shined? I find them really handy and have in occasion take the flimsy looking ones but every known and again get really tempted by the heavy cotton embroidered ones.

user1471453601 Sun 04-Jun-17 21:24:00

When I worked in an organization where most of us regularly travelled for work and stayed in hotels, we collected the toiletries and donated them to the local homeless shelter. They were grateful

Rhayader Sun 04-Jun-17 21:24:52

Anything consumable/disposable.

Although I don't tend to bother anymore. I don't want loads of tiny bottles of random moisturiser.

Groovee Sun 04-Jun-17 21:25:51

Premier Inn stopped me taking the mattress which was a bit gutting! 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now