Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask if there is anything I can do to make period start faster?

(42 Posts)
LurpakIstheOnlyButter Sun 04-Jun-17 20:33:25

Getting married this weekend. Have period bloat, huge sore knockers, starvation syndrome and bad skin. Due to start period -I guess- around Wednesday.

Is there anything I can do to make it happen faster? I want to feel human and enjoy the festivities.

Prepared to consider any suggestions (no matter how ridiculous) including licking toads and witch doctors.

GiraffesCantPlayHopScotch Sun 04-Jun-17 20:34:46

Wear white

MulderitsmeX Sun 04-Jun-17 20:36:41

Is it too late to start nothisterone (sp)?

If it is I had a swab once which brought mine on, it irritated my vag a bit so period came on before i was expecting.

MulderitsmeX Sun 04-Jun-17 20:36:50

Is it too late to start nothisterone (sp)?

If it is I had a swab once which brought mine on, it irritated my vag a bit so period came on before i was expecting.

elmo1980 Sun 04-Jun-17 20:37:49

Vodka

Almostfifty Sun 04-Jun-17 20:42:43

Go and see your doctor, they'll give you something to hold it off for a week or so.

Louiselouie0890 Sun 04-Jun-17 20:44:14

Might be random but always around the time I was due if I had sex it always always started my period

LurpakIstheOnlyButter Sun 04-Jun-17 20:46:16

I don't want it to wait, I want it to hurry up and then I will feel better and energetic and less bloated. Going to attack DH and see what he can do!

TheFlyingFauxPas Sun 04-Jun-17 20:47:06

Go on holiday. Always works for me.

Dandandandandandandan Sun 04-Jun-17 20:52:16

V hot baths apparently. And gin.

Good excuse to drink a g&t in the bath whilst going over final wedding prep? Lots of luck, hope you have a brilliant wedding day smile

oneburgerofham Sun 04-Jun-17 20:53:52

Ibuprofen, sex and exercise.

VikingLady Sun 04-Jun-17 20:55:28

A lot of sex. Or white jeans.

Happyhippy45 Sun 04-Jun-17 20:56:18

Essential oil of Clary Sage rubbed all over abdomen and a good shag grin
(Clary Sage should not be used in the first few months of pregnancy. It's also very good for period cramps.)

ShinyGirl Sun 04-Jun-17 20:58:02

Go out in a white skirt without any sanpro, and with no money to buy any.

RestlessTravellerTheSequel Sun 04-Jun-17 20:58:52

Sex

Bellini81 Sun 04-Jun-17 21:00:52

Get the tablets mentioned above from your G.P they will delay your period, I did it on holiday last year, was brilliant not to have to worry about tampons leaking while in the pool. You can buy it on superdrug for about £25 if you can't get to the doctor.

LurpakIstheOnlyButter Sun 04-Jun-17 21:04:46

I've just got out of a hot bath but failed to take a g&t - does white wine help? I am off to find my shiniest white pants now

MargotMoon Sun 04-Jun-17 21:06:09

Eat loads of ginger

HighwayDragon1 Sun 04-Jun-17 21:07:29

Go out somewhere with few shops and don't take pads with you...

MargotMoon Sun 04-Jun-17 21:08:28

Oh, and loads of Vit C. And honey. And pineapple. All healthy so if they don't work at least your immune system will have a boost!

ASauvingnonADay Sun 04-Jun-17 21:10:44

Sex!

AdalindSchade Sun 04-Jun-17 21:13:27

Don't take anything to delay your period, it will just delay the hormonal horribleness.

Fluffyears Sun 04-Jun-17 21:14:56

Go roller skating in white jeans is what the girls in adverts do....also they have strange blue blood confused

Toombumber Sun 04-Jun-17 21:18:15

I did this successfully earlier this year before a weekend away. I read all the webpages purporting to tell you how to make your period come quicker and made notes of the things they seemed to agree on that were relatively easy to implement. What worked for me was a combination of sitting/sleeping with hot water bottle in my lap, having fresh parsley and ginger and turmeric in tea a few times a day, exercise but not going too hard, orgasms, and an aspirin a day.

TheDowagerCuntess Sun 04-Jun-17 21:28:06

I don't think there is anything you can do to bring it forward. Ovulation can be fairly variable, but your period pretty much always arrives X number of days after ovulation. That number of days will vary among different women, but will be pretty much the same for each individual woman. So when your period is late, it's actually that you ovulated later than usual, IYSWIM.

The only thing you can really do is possibly delay it by a day or two.

Sorry you're feeling rubbish. flowers Our bodies sometimes have a total disregard for important dates and events. Fingers crossed the usual PM symptoms ease off for the weekend. Have an amazing time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now