Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm being U to be worried about this, right? Right?

(18 Posts)
PollyCazaletWannabe Sun 04-Jun-17 06:38:21

I had a miscarriage on 30th April (well that's when I began miscarrying, I stopped bleeding about a week later) but there is still no sign of my period sad I am worried that something is wrong with me, but that's silly isn't it? I am being U to worry, aren't I? Has anyone had experience of this and can reassure me please?

Trifleorbust Sun 04-Jun-17 06:50:41

flowers Sorry for your loss. I have no direct experience of this but didn't want to read and run.

I will say, though, that pregnancy hormones will affect your cycle and I wouldn't personally be worried. Do ask your GP though.

honeysucklejasmine Sun 04-Jun-17 06:56:01

How long are your cycles usually? Are you now getting negative pregnancy tests? Have you had unprotected sex since the miscarriage?

Sorry for your loss. I've been there and it's shit. flowers

PastysPrincess Sun 04-Jun-17 06:56:45

I'm really sorry this has happened flowers

I don't have any direct experience but I didn't want to read and run. YANBU. Go and see your GP just to be sure.

PollyCazaletWannabe Sun 04-Jun-17 07:10:25

Thanks for replies. My cycle used to be 35 days before I was on the pill, but since I came off the pill it was more like the standard 28, which is why I'm worried. And no we haven't had unprotected sex - this is my second miscarriage and the doctor advised us against trying again for a couple of months sad

RedSandYellowSand Sun 04-Jun-17 07:25:53

4-6 weeks post miscarriage for your next period.
So it should be on its way soon. GP if you are still waiting in another week.
Xxxx

TheLongRains Sun 04-Jun-17 07:32:17

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I usually have a short-ish cycle, of 25-27 days, and after my miscarriage, which was about 11 days of bleeding (my periods are usually only 4ish days) it took six weeks for my first period to arrive.

I think it just took longer for things to settle back to normal. I'm now showing all the signs of expecting my second period any day now, and it's just about gone back to what I'd expect (24 days since my last one).

If you are concerned though, do go and see someone. It is absolutely natural to be anxious at this time and to want reassurance - no doctor with an ounce of compassion should make you feel bad for wanting to check things with them.

flumpybear Sun 04-Jun-17 07:40:21

My miscarriage consultant said no need to wait before trying again and I always found it easier to conceive after a loss - think they advise that for dating reasons so not a real reason imo
Sorry for your loss - see your GP next week re the periods

Allfednonedead Sun 04-Jun-17 07:45:58

There's no need for health reasons to wait, AFAIK they only want you to wait for dating purposes. However, it might be worth bearing in mind that multiples are more likely if you conceive straight away. (Proud mother of twins conceived straight after a second miscarriage).

RecherchedeTemps Sun 04-Jun-17 07:49:56

I didn't have a period after my miscarriage but that was because I was pregnant again with my son. Maybe things are taking a while to settle down.

I'm sorry for your loss and hoping you will soon have good news.

MadeForThis Sun 04-Jun-17 07:53:22

It took about 8 weeks for my period to return. Everyone is different. Sorry for your loss x

alltalknobaby Sun 04-Jun-17 07:55:08

Yes it can take a while for your period to return. No cause for alarm. Very sorry for your loss flowers

moobeana Sun 04-Jun-17 07:55:54

My absolutely clockwork periods took 6 weeks and 2 days from end of bleeding.

I was told 6 weeks was the normal. Don't worry.

DianneDionne Sun 04-Jun-17 08:25:21

Mine returned 6 weeks after and then we tried again after that. I'm so sorry for your loss x

PollyCazaletWannabe Sun 04-Jun-17 11:26:30

Thanks all. We have to wait because after some investigations it seems I might have am underactive thyroid, which can cause miscarriage but can also cause birth defects if you carry a baby to term sad however I have been advised to wait until the 3rd and 22nd days of my next cycle to have blood taken to check that my thyroid is in fact underactive. In these circumstances I really don't want to risk getting pregnant sad

TheLongRains Sun 04-Jun-17 11:56:28

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that sad but good that they are investigating soon, and hopefully will give you either the all clear (fingers crossed), or give you the treatment you need to keep you healthy for future pregnancy. It feels so tough though, doesn't it. I keep swaying between wanting to be pregnant again NOW with no waiting, and then feeling like I'm not emotionally ready yet, what if it happens again etc etc, and also constantly thinking "I'd be having my first scan this week" "my bump would be starting to show by now" and so on... It's such a rough rollercoaster. Utterly horrible.

Well done for being sensible about waiting though, and I hope the time passes quickly for you as you wait for these tests flowers

PollyCazaletWannabe Sun 04-Jun-17 13:41:22

Thanks for your kind words smile just bumping for any other experiences/thoughts?

TheLastUNIC0RN Sun 04-Jun-17 14:50:22

Hi polly, I started miscarrying on 1st may. I've been spotting non stop since but no period.
I asked the consultant when I should expect a period and she said although everyone is different it should be around 6 weeks since miscarriage started. So I wait patiently!

This is my 4th early loss in a row and the longest to get my cycle back to normal so I understand how frustrating it is.

For me though my hcg levels on this one were very slow to drop so I've been getting bloods done weekly. Had you had your levels checked and have they dropped down to 0? I'm hoping mine are right down tomorrow and my period follows soon after.

Good luck on your journey. I hope you start a new cycle soon so you can get the ball rolling with your tests etc then try again flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now