Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To ask anyone awake to keep me sane till midnight?

(261 Posts)
Welshmaenad Thu 01-Jun-17 23:16:09

My final assignment result - the one that determines if I pass or fail my degree - is released at midnight.

I started out wanting a First - to be honest now I'll just be happy to pass! It's been a rough three years, I've lost both my parents, have been ill with a chronic pain condition, and my marriage disintegrated and I've done the last year as a single mum. So I can forgive myself for not getting a First but I really, really need to pass. I have worked my arse off.

So can anyone distract/entertain me? Tell me something funny or happy or a joke or just something, I am going crazy!!

BigcatLittlecat Thu 01-Jun-17 23:20:09

Not long now! Sounds like you have done amazingly well to get through.
Funny thing that happened today, took my apple out of bag at work, to find I had put an onion in my bag instead. Thank goodness I looked! Was gutted though!

Screamifuwant2gofaster Thu 01-Jun-17 23:20:31

Oh gosh, how stressful! Frankly, given everything you have been through, I'd say you are already pretty amazing for surviving/ keeping going through such a difficult year. I hope you get a first but really you've already achieved so much more than that. Xx

BigcatLittlecat Thu 01-Jun-17 23:20:51

What degree did you do?

QueenMortificado Thu 01-Jun-17 23:21:14

Signing in! And wishing you all the best / keeping fingers crossed for a good result flowers

PurpleDragon76 Thu 01-Jun-17 23:22:00

Well done for not giving up on your studies!

Q. Wjy did the condom cross the road?

PurpleDragon76 Thu 01-Jun-17 23:22:33

A. It was pissed off grin

Tootsiepops Thu 01-Jun-17 23:22:55

Holy shit, op. After everything you've been through, it's amazing you are still functioning let alone anything else. I'm in awe. My brother, dad and mum all died in the space of four years and I couldn't pick myself up off the floor for about 18 months.

BitOutOfPractice Thu 01-Jun-17 23:22:56

Goodness now I'm tense!

Here's a joke

What did the zero say to the eight?
Nice belt!

PurpleDragon76 Thu 01-Jun-17 23:23:05

Its the only joke I know

Teatimebear Thu 01-Jun-17 23:23:45

You can help me with the crossword? It's cryptic, sorry.

Did smoking make it sleepy? (6)

BumWad Thu 01-Jun-17 23:23:50

Oh wow how nerve racking!

Not long to go now smile

PinkGlitter17 Thu 01-Jun-17 23:24:18

Wow, I really admire you. You've done brilliantly. I hope you get the result you want.

ohfourfoxache Thu 01-Jun-17 23:24:43

Ooh, what degree?

Sorry, I'm hopelessly nosey blush

ijustwannadance Thu 01-Jun-17 23:24:55

Good luck. You are amazing just for getting through all the crap and carrying on with your studies!

piefacedClique Thu 01-Jun-17 23:25:03

Shame there's not a good parking thread to occupy you! Have a look st the vegetable friend thread.... that will kill 5 mins! Well done btw. I could never have done what you have x

SweetLuck Thu 01-Jun-17 23:25:49

Fingers crossed!

sarahC40 Thu 01-Jun-17 23:25:51

What's brown and sticky? Terrible I know - massively impressed with your stick ability - I did an ma distance learning and it was bloody hard with the rest of life colliding with my studies - well done you and good luck

Welshmaenad Thu 01-Jun-17 23:26:03

Love the jokes! My favourite: what cheese can you use to hide a horse in?

Marscapone.

It's a Social Work degree, so very intense, and a total of 9 months in full time work placement on top of academic work! I'm amazed I'm still alive grin and also that my children are!

I won't get a first - averaging out the marks I already have, I'd need about 90% on this dissertation and I don't think I've done that well. But a pass will be fine for me. A 2:1 would be thrilling!

Welshmaenad Thu 01-Jun-17 23:26:25

bigcat did you eat the onion?

KeepServingTheDrinks Thu 01-Jun-17 23:26:33

It's only short yet, but this might be a nice distraction:

Is this one of the worst-ever Facebook selling group posts?

(sorry, that's not a link, but it's the title of another thread)

Good luck, OP

BigcatLittlecat Thu 01-Jun-17 23:26:51

Teatimebear is the answer kipper?

sarahC40 Thu 01-Jun-17 23:27:15

A. A stick

RiversrunWoodville Thu 01-Jun-17 23:27:26

Oh keeping my fingers crossed for you op! You have had a shitty time so to have done a degree is fantastic wine seeing there's no champagne

ChrisPrattsFace Thu 01-Jun-17 23:27:39

I won't still be Around by midnight (just sleep... nothing sincere... or is sleep in that catagory now?!?!)
But best of luck to you, whatever you've achieved be proud!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now