Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bugaboo chameleon seat

(21 Posts)
ListenToYourHeart Thu 01-Jun-17 10:16:17

Not exactly an AIBU but posting for traffic.

AIBU to put DD who is 5 months next week in the bugaboo chameleon seat unit now rather than wait till she's 6 months?

I know the guidelines say 6 months, and she's been fine up until now in the carrycot part but she hates it all of a sudden. She won't tolerate anything to do with lying flat when she's not tired and has started whining all the time she's in it.

Today I've gotta go to see a relative and she'll need to be in the buggy for around 45 mins on the way there and 45 mins on the way back and it's a warm day I feel like I'd rather her be happy looking around.

Any advice appreciated!

AtMidnight Thu 01-Jun-17 10:28:53

Don't do it. The buggy will explode and your daughter will grow up to read The Guardian.

ListenToYourHeart Thu 01-Jun-17 10:34:27

I'll take that as I'm being a bit too cautious!

RememberToSmile1980 Thu 01-Jun-17 10:35:35

Go for it!

Julie30 Thu 01-Jun-17 13:08:42

I am going to with my just 4 month old. She is too long for the carrycot and I can't see how it's different to being in the car seat! Maybe just don't have her in there for too long.

acquiescence Thu 01-Jun-17 13:40:17

I put my ds in the seat at around 4.5 months old. It can still lie down for naps. It is no different than using a car seat, obviously you shouldn't use it for long periods of sleep.

ListenToYourHeart Thu 01-Jun-17 21:22:23

Thank you!

Didn't do it today as didn't have time to change it all over but going to do it tomorrow. grin

TreesAr3Green Thu 01-Jun-17 21:49:00

My ds went into the seat at about 3.5 month as he was so bloody nosey. It was winter so he was in the cosy toes which proped him up a bit. It makes using the basket under the pram so much easer too

Pardonwhat Thu 01-Jun-17 21:51:34

My daughter went in hers earlier than 6 months. She's still breathing smile

StinkPickle Thu 01-Jun-17 21:53:18

All of mine got bored of the carry cot at 4-5 months on our chameleon. They all went into the seat then and were much happier

Camelsinthegobi Thu 01-Jun-17 21:56:10

Yes, it's fine. Baby's back stays nice and straight, even though it's at an angle. So airways aren't compromised in the same way as in a car seat which is a bit curved.

mikado1 Thu 01-Jun-17 22:00:35

It's fine but to a pp, too long at 4m for bugaboo pram?? My ds was in it until 7-8m! It's very roomy Id have thought.

Oliack1417 Thu 01-Jun-17 22:03:40

Mikado, my DS is touching the top and bottom of the chameleon pram, he's 19 weeks! - I need to move him to the pushchair. He's very tall and wearing 9-12 mth clothes!

mikado1 Thu 01-Jun-17 22:06:09

Wow, that's very tall!! What length is the carrycot? He's not a 4mo girl though still (generally shorter).

Aliveinwanderland Thu 01-Jun-17 22:07:13

I moved DS into the seat at 4 months as he hated lying flat in the carry cot. I think as long as baby can hold their head reliably they are fine.

ListenToYourHeart Thu 01-Jun-17 22:20:30

She can hold her head well, and most of the day at home is sitting up anyway as she will just not lie flat when she's awake.

In terms of room, she's pretty long so her feet touch the bottom when she stretches out but I'd say it is still quite a roomy carry cot.

I think she just wants to be nosey and look around!

CatsCatsCats11 Thu 01-Jun-17 22:22:17

My DD is almost 5 months and has been in the seat for a couple of weeks. The straps are a little high but it's fine and she loves it.

Amanduh Fri 02-Jun-17 06:52:51

My son loved the carrycot when he was a newborn then suddenly hated it the time he was 4.5 months. He was so nosey and aware of his surroundings - it was the seat or never leaving the house! He's aleays liked to be up and had great head control. Do it, all will be fine smile

I moved ds2 about the same age for the same reason.
I had a different pram for ds1 the carrycot in that had a backrest under the mattress you could use to prop them up a bit and anchor points for reins he was quite short too so got a lot of mileage out of that carrycot because he loved sitting up and could just put him lying down for sleep.

ListenToYourHeart Mon 05-Jun-17 17:18:09

Well I moved her in to the seat unit and she's loving it!

Thanks for all the advice smile

Crunchymum Mon 05-Jun-17 17:19:18

I waited until PFB was 6 months. DC2 went in it by about 4 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now