Talk

Advanced search

Downstairs neighbours hoovering at 7.30am

(78 Posts)
user1490817986 Thu 01-Jun-17 07:58:30

Neighbours downstairs who are lovely have just woken me up at 7.30am with their hoovering. I was watching a film in bed at 10.30pm one night and she started hoovering. Also put the washing machine on at midnight sometimes, and it sounds like a fucking helicopter.

I don't know if this is passive agressive behaviour, because sometimes my cat is a bastard and runs/scuttles/meows along my bedroom floor to harass me for breakfast. The floor is laminate but I can't afford to put carpet down.

He did it once this morning (he hasn't done it for a few weeks) at around 6.20am, so i'm wondering if they are being passive aggressive with the hoovering at 7.30am.

I'm always considerate of them and I won't hoover in the evenings because one of them works shifts but I'm not sure when/times etc.

AIBU to think they are being dicks to hoover at 7.30am?

user1480459555 Fri 02-Jun-17 21:21:43

7.30am is early and whilst a lot of people are up by that time, many are not.

Just because someone is up early does not make it right if they start hovering or making other noise.

As I said, I am up early even at weekends and I know my next door neighbour is usually up early but I still don't hoover until after 9am. It's just respectful.

Quite a few of my friends and family don't get up until 8.30am even ones that work.

Daftmare Fri 02-Jun-17 21:35:44

Well by that criteria i.e. not hoovering before every single person in the land is up, and not hoovering at night, a lot of us would only be doing it at the weekend. I think people have got to realise that if they don't have to get up till 8.30 then that's a bit of a luxury.

tinytemper66 Fri 02-Jun-17 21:56:48

This why I am always grateful to live in a detached property....vacuum, put appliances on and have a noisy cat without disturbing others. Plus I am up at 6 in term time. My husband is a shift worker and I do not clean when he has been nights. However, I cannot stop the neighbours from mowing their lawns during the day if he is asleep.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »