Advanced search


(7 Posts)
MyNewKitchen Wed 31-May-17 22:56:16

Hi mumsnetters, i have a dilemna and need advice. So, my exh has completley walked away from all finances. Despite the csa chasing him, he has paid no maintenance for a year. He works full time. Our house has been empty and on the market for a year. He has maxed out the joint bank account, and i cant have my name removed as its in minus. He has failed to pay any mortgage payment for 2 years but expects half any profit on house! Im a single mom and have been stuck paying the od account fees and mortgage as he refuses to take any financial responsibility for, yet also refuses to sign house over to me. My solicitor has sent numerous letters for him to pay to no avail. My solicitor has advised it may cost me more in their fees to take it to court than the £6000 he owes me - so making it worthless. I feel im resorting to actually applying to judge rinder!! But i despise the thought of going on national tv, and the fact themoney wouldnt come from him - it would comefrom the show - but at least i would get something? What would you do? Just to add he is on all joint paperwork and i can prove it all. Its the dilema! Aibu to go on tv to finally get something back from the arse?

MyNewKitchen Thu 01-Jun-17 16:56:53


wasonthelist Thu 01-Jun-17 17:03:25

Presumably he'd have to agree to go on TV too - can't see that happening, can you?

PurpleMinionMummy Thu 01-Jun-17 17:08:00

Skip the solicitor and do the court work yourself. Most of this stuff is done via mediation etc where possible now anyway so you shouldn't be horrendously disadvantaged by not having legal representation, if at all.

donners312 Thu 01-Jun-17 18:03:33

I also think you should go to court yourself and then it should only cost you the court fee which you may get out of paying i think if you are on a low income.

Try and get the money you have nothing to lose.

Good luck!!

Mooey89 Thu 01-Jun-17 18:05:20

Go to court and request that the judge orders him to pay the court fee back to you.
Do it yourself. Good luck.

youarenotkiddingme Thu 01-Jun-17 18:52:31

I agree about diy court.

It's easy to show you've made all payments and he's made none.

Easy to provide documents that you couldn't remove self from joint account etc.

All they want is facts and proof.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: