Talk

Advanced search

Paying child support

(12 Posts)
BeetrootPie Wed 31-May-17 19:47:15

Asking for a friend-honestly. She doesn't work but if she did, would CSA take into account her salary when deciding how much her boyfriend should pay his ex for child maintenance? Theyve just moved in together. I pointed out, I'm sure if she did work, they'd take that into account and she is shocked. Am I right? Posting in here for traffic BTW.

Trifleorbust Wed 31-May-17 19:55:22

I think you are right, yes.

katiegoestoaldi Wed 31-May-17 19:56:52

I don't think they do take it into account, just the father's income is considered. At least it was that way under the Child Support Agency, don't know about it's replacement, the Child Maintenance Service

Zampa Wed 31-May-17 19:57:47

I live with DP and we have a child. My salary isn't included when calculating child maintenance.

However, I understand that if a financial order was to be put in place over and above CM, living together would be taken into account insofar as the NRP's living costs would be reduced.

Zampa Wed 31-May-17 19:58:49

(Child maintenance for his two children from his former marriage, that is).

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Wed 31-May-17 20:46:34

Back in the day it was joint income that was used to assess maintenance. . Now it's just the biological parent's income.

WalkingOnLeg0 Wed 31-May-17 20:54:10

I am affected by CM now, a partners salary is irrelevant and nothing to do with how much maintenance is paid.

phoenixtherabbit Wed 31-May-17 20:56:33

They wouldn't consider her salary at all - it's not her child.

emilybrontescorset Wed 31-May-17 21:00:19

No it's not included.

witsender Wed 31-May-17 21:01:07

They won't as she is not responsible.

JuicyStrawberry Wed 31-May-17 21:02:10

No it's not included and rightly so. Tell her not to worry smile

BeetrootPie Thu 01-Jun-17 03:07:14

Thanks ladies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now