Talk

Advanced search

Mother replacing DC's name with middle name

(5 Posts)
LovelyBath77 Wed 31-May-17 19:32:59

My DC2 has quite an unusual first name. My mum has informed her sid of the family he is called his middle name instead. I know of this as my aunt wrote to me all about (middle name) and congratulations on birth etc and how is he getting on etc. I wrote back and told her (first name) is doing well. hmm

I am NC with my mother for other reasons (amongst them disregarding choices I make, but much worse as well)

AIBU?

Moomins67 Wed 31-May-17 19:50:54

You're not being unreasonable because you haven't done anything. You also wouldn't be unreasonable to call all the family gossips for a chat.

She is being a unreasonable, boundar-stomping, controling tit by the sounds of it

user1492528619 Wed 31-May-17 23:14:14

You are NC. Don't let her get under your skin.

Repeat his name to everyone. That is his name. Repeat it and repeat it and that side of the family will realise they are wrong.

user1492528619 Wed 31-May-17 23:14:38

You are NC. Don't let her get under your skin.

Repeat his name to everyone. That is his name. Repeat it and repeat it and that side of the family will realise they are wrong.

LilyMcClellan Wed 31-May-17 23:29:25

Not sure what you think you're BU about? But I'm unclear why your mother, who you're NC with, knows the name of your child before other family members (who you're presumably not NC with) do.

The name you gave your kid is his name. Your mum is just making herself look petty/weird by saying it's something different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now