Talk

Advanced search

Wibu to them to pay travel costs?

(7 Posts)
SharkiraSharkira Wed 31-May-17 19:30:20

Ongoing saga with motorbike sellers, bike they sold me has been broken for 3 months and they have taken 2 months so far to try and fix it and it's still not done. I'm fed up and consequently asking for my money back.

Wibu to also ask them to give me the money I have paid out for alternative transport (buses/trains) to get to work and uni as a result of not having a bike for 3 months? Or is this really cheeky? If it was a few quid I wouldn't care but it's well over £400 I've paid out!

SharkiraSharkira Wed 31-May-17 19:45:48

Sorry, to ASK them to pay my travel costs!

Bringmewineandcake Wed 31-May-17 20:06:09

You can ask but you'd have better chance of getting those costs back through a court case.

SharkiraSharkira Wed 31-May-17 20:09:21

I would rather it didn't come to that as I really need the money back for another bike asap, it's more of a last resort if they don't pay up. I'm trying to be reasonable but they have tested my patience to breaking point!

WellThatSucks Wed 31-May-17 20:14:51

Id write off the travel expenses simply because they're highly unlikely to pay them anyway if they're dragging their feet so much on giving you the money for the bike back. I understand why you'd want to be compensated for it though and morally you should be, I just hope you get your bike money soon.

SharkiraSharkira Wed 31-May-17 20:36:27

Well tbf to them I've only asked for the money back yesterday and not had a response yet, my intention was to give them the chance to pay but say that if they don't pay me now I will pursue it in small claims and add the travel costs.

SharkiraSharkira Wed 31-May-17 20:37:53

But yes I just really hope I get the money back really soon! I've already written off the delivery costs of the bike but I think since it was their fuck up it's only fair they pay my travel costs if they continue to mess me around!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now