Talk

Advanced search

to not do anything tomorrow for DS bday?

(5 Posts)
pinkie1982 Wed 31-May-17 15:23:46

It's my sons second birthday tomorrow. He has a party with his little friends on Saturday.
Family (nans, great nans, great aunties) are not coming to this party - they have been told they are welcome but they have declined saying they would rather see him on his actual birthday.

My house isn't big enough to fit them all in at once and I don't want to wait in for hours on end if it's nice out, I'd rather take him somewhere for the day so he enjoys himself. I also don't want to take my son house to house for the day in and out of the car.
I can't really plan going to the local place that has a play area and tell them to come in case the weather is bad (nans are in their 80s and will need to sit) - I thought I could do this late afternoon/tea time and just do a cake but the forecast keeps changing.

WWYD?

BikeRunSki Wed 31-May-17 15:27:21

As far as I was concerned, DD's 1, 2 and 3 birthdays were all the following Sunday. Any other day was far too inconvenient! By the time she was 4, her birthday was actually on a Sunday, and DS (then 7) was on the ball enough to have rumbled me anyway.

NorthumbrianGirl Wed 31-May-17 15:35:28

I would have a nice day out. Relatives can come to the celebration or not as they choose, but i wouldn't change my plans around for them

SnotGoblin Thu 01-Jun-17 09:13:35

I didn't mark my 2 year olds 'official' birthday. We had a BBQ/party a couple of days before on the weekend. Do something nice together without mention of Happy Birthday if you want to but otherwise feel free to ignore.

Allthebestnamesareused Thu 01-Jun-17 10:00:41

Have your day out. Get a cake. when you get home let people know you are back from your day out and say come for a cup of tea and slice of cake after DS's actual tea. Say eg. come between 5 and 6.30pm so they don't outstay their welcome. Make it clear only cup of tea and ckae!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now