Talk

Advanced search

to be so glad when the election is over

(12 Posts)
pipsqueak25 Wed 31-May-17 09:02:24

so there will be other things to talk about ! smile
it's very important but it seems impossible to get away from it and the same old stuff is being rehashed on here, the tv, radio, everywhere.
it will be good to get a result and let the politicians get on with sorting things out.
ibvu aren't i ?

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 31-May-17 09:04:00

No yanbu, me too.

amicissimma Wed 31-May-17 09:04:28

Spare a thought for those poor activists who are spending their time posting all over social media (including MN). How will they fill their days when the election's over?

x2boys Wed 31-May-17 09:07:51

there will be a million and one threads on here everyday for about a month who ever wins unfortunatley untill it all starts to die down

waitforitfdear Wed 31-May-17 09:09:43

Depends who wins.

pipsqueak25 Wed 31-May-17 09:13:07

well, at least it's shifted space from trump and brexit for a while, i need a well equipped desert island in the sun as a bolt hole when the media gets tedious, anyone joining me ? all welcome but no political talk !smile

pipsqueak25 Wed 31-May-17 09:13:56

amis sorry i hadn't thought of that grin

ghostyslovesheets Wed 31-May-17 09:15:00

yes - it's not like it's important of anything!

SunEgg Wed 31-May-17 09:18:21

Yanbu, yes looking forward to it being over but hoping for a positive outcome too (Torys out)

glitterglitters Wed 31-May-17 09:20:47

I'm looking forward to people I know not ranting on Facebook. Anything political reminds me of how different some of our friends priorities are to ours 🙈

pipsqueak25 Wed 31-May-17 10:46:39

ghostit is important but apart from voting the person in the street isn't going to change anything,
apart from that i started this thread as a getting away from the subject, so feel free to comment on your choice else wher

justkeepswimmingg Wed 31-May-17 14:07:31

YANBU, I can't wait for it to be over. I'm fed up of hearing about how 'wonderful' Corbyn is, and how 'awful' May is. I don't think politics should be allowed in AIBU, aside from threads like this smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now