Talk

Advanced search

Posts in Aibu NOT Aibu?

(9 Posts)
mummyrabbitpeppapig Wed 31-May-17 08:39:29

Why post in Aibu instead of ( eg ) 'talk'? or is it just me that thinks this?

Flipsticks Wed 31-May-17 08:42:36

More traffic? And more likely to stir things up a bit? I've noticed posters tend to be a bit more forthright in aibu!
But I do see your point, and it does happen more during political campaigning.

araiwa Wed 31-May-17 08:46:50

i think people posting non-aibu in aibu "for traffic" should just have their thread spammed with yabu

troodiedoo Wed 31-May-17 08:50:20

This does annoy me. A lot of the time they write "not aibu but posting for traffic" or a really tenuous title with aibu woven in. MNHQ should move them.

AuntieStella Wed 31-May-17 08:51:04

YANBU, if you want more traffic, use 'chat' not AIBU.

Or post in the topic, if you're more interested in quality, not quantity, of replies.

AIBU really shouldn't be a catch-all topic, and I think the expansion of it has been creeping up over the last year or two, and I really don't think that's been an improvement. But people will post where they want to post.

And I will continue to be frank (but I hope not downright rude) in AIBU.

migrating Wed 31-May-17 08:53:09

more traffic, and more threads widen the interest of AIBU, so more traffic...

I can't see the problem, just scroll past the threads you don't like.

migrating Wed 31-May-17 08:54:22

"chat" is in the "fun and games" topic, totally inappropriate for so many subjects, AIBU is better!

pipsqueak25 Wed 31-May-17 08:54:27

with you on this one op, it's tedious reading a thread in aibu about something silly like 'should my dc have a glass of water before bed' ?

LiviaDrusillaAugusta Wed 31-May-17 08:58:04

Almost as bad as TAATs grin

Although I hate 'AIBU to fancy <insert name>' - how is it reasonable or otherwise?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now