Talk

Advanced search

Disgusted with Theresa

(421 Posts)
jdoe8 Wed 31-May-17 07:13:05

For body shaming JC, that is just beyond vile and nasty. Glad it's looking like they will not win.

She is over.

lostincumbria Wed 31-May-17 07:14:13

Oooookkkàaaaaay.

Backs away slowly.......

PedaloBar Wed 31-May-17 07:16:05

Is this the 'alone and naked' thing? It was a fucking stupid remark, totally beneath her. Very poor judgement.

jdoe8 Wed 31-May-17 07:18:31

Yes the "alone and naked, that's an image that doesn't bear thinking about" just a horrible thing to say. What on earth was she thinking?

SuperBeagle Wed 31-May-17 07:18:41

If you're talking about the alone and naked thing, that's not body shaming in any sense of the word.

Where I live, politicians say far worse about each other, including calling each other cunts and parasites during question time...

MaidOfStars Wed 31-May-17 07:19:13

Brief outline of story:
'Jeremy Corbyn’s minders can put him into a smart blue suit for an interview with Jeremy Paxman – but with his position on Brexit, he will find himself alone and naked in the negotiating chamber of the European Union.'

As the audience of Tory activists laughed awkwardly, she added: 'Now I know that’s an image that doesn’t bear thinking about. But actually this is very serious.'

I'm torn between 'shit joke gone wrong and are we really that humourless?' and 'she's the fucking Prime Minister, don't go there TM'.

MaisyPops Wed 31-May-17 07:21:00

If it was the 'alone and naked' remark it was a stupid remark by a woman who suddenly has started to realise people see her for the nasty piece of work she is.

The stupid woman will probably win but give lots of Tory candidates have been hiding from the public I'm really hoping she ends up with a smaller majority than 6. Then the Conservative party might get the knives out and oust her

jdoe8 Wed 31-May-17 07:21:47

Saying someone's naked body "doesn’t bear thinking about" is not body shaming?

VanillaSugar Wed 31-May-17 07:23:42

If only Alan Johnson had stood as Leader. That's an image I CAN bear to think about misses point of the thread

ArseSpud Wed 31-May-17 07:25:39

Where's that nice David Cameron when you need him?

GrumpyOldBag Wed 31-May-17 07:27:26

Sound bite politics.

Very effective.

Yes, it was a very nasty thing to say - remember Theresa coined the phrase "the nasty party" - living up to her own name - but it is a memorable phrase and is working from that point of view.

(Disclaimer: I have never voted Tory)

glitterglitters Wed 31-May-17 07:28:08

Surely this is just an analogy for vulnerable?

Bourdic Wed 31-May-17 07:34:10

JC won't respond - their position is not to respond to personal attacks like that. Sounds sort of grown up doesn't it? I was appalled at the remark - it's Lyndon Crosby week isn't it? It wasn't funny and it certainly wasn't prime ministerial. It was sort of giggly behind the bike sheds smutty - I despair.

user1471545174 Wed 31-May-17 07:38:22

It's a figure of speech. Aren't people educated any more?

Bourdic Wed 31-May-17 07:40:15

She wasn't using it as a figure of speech -if she had been there wouldn't have been the sniggly follow up. She's the fucking PM she should be behaving like one ffs

Brokenbiscuit Wed 31-May-17 07:40:55

I think the remark reflected more on her than it did on him. I can't stand her anyway, but I cringed for her when she said it.

It's interesting to see how the Tories thought that Theresa was their best asset, and made their whole campaign about her. I suspect that they will regret this.

She is not a very likeable character.

Ceto Wed 31-May-17 07:41:13

user, it's not the "alone and naked" that people are objecting to, it's the childish and objectionable "joke" that followed it. There would be hell to pay if Corbyn had said the same about May.

Fernanie Wed 31-May-17 07:41:49

I was sort of glad she said it tbh. I love it when smug politicians like her show their true colours during election time. Better that she does it now, while people are still deciding who to vote for, than that she puts on a really slick show now and only shows us her nasty, childish side after she's been voted in. I'm grateful for anything that loses them votes!
I think JC has thick enough skin that he won't be too bothered. The GE isn't a beauty pageant so who cares whether he's attractive or not?! Plus it's not like she's got a future as a VS angel, is it hmm

Ceto Wed 31-May-17 07:42:05

I must say, after her woeful performance on TV the other night, I wouldn't have too much faith in Theresa May's negotiating abilities.

user1492679224 Wed 31-May-17 07:43:05

Well you had better hope she wins because if Corbyn brings in his 'garden tax' there will be a lot more homeless people in this country. sad

Ceto Wed 31-May-17 07:44:43

It's also pretty ridiculous to suggest Corbyn would be alone. He would be supported by people like Keir Starmer - and I'd have a hell of a lot more faith in him than I would people like David Davis or Boris Johnson.

MumBod Wed 31-May-17 07:44:54

Oh god, it's like when the horrible headmistress tries to be down with the kids by saying something inappropriate.

The woman's only doing the job by default, and every time she's opened her mouth during this campaign she's shown how out of her depth she is.

Now the nice vicar's daughter has run out of options and is trying to go all Mock The Week on us.

Ugh.

WorshipTheGourd Wed 31-May-17 07:45:08

Not Prime Ministerial at all!

I think it's Projection, personally, because I think SHE feels
'alone and naked' in the EU negotiations and knows that she will be remembered for the most almighty cock up (whichever 'side' you voted, it's going to be a car crash with 'hard' TM in charge, irritating the EU at every opportunity).

Stupid of her, to give JC a 'moral victory' by simply not responding.

user1471545174 Wed 31-May-17 07:45:29

The next remark was clumsy, definitely. She does seem to be gaffe-prone.

Still, uptight woman against crazy old guy. What could possibly go wrong?

Alfieisnoisy Wed 31-May-17 07:46:08

I heard it too.

My thoughts are that I would much prefer Keir Starmer (the person who would be negotiating Brexit if Labour win) as opposed to Boris Johnson who we will be sending if Theresa wins. I know who looks better in a suit too.

Sadly my predictions are a Tory win at the election.
A rapid ousting of Theresa May (if she doesn't resign).
Boris Johnson manoeuvred into No 10. Our very own Donald Trump to boast about.
The continued destruction of the disabled and poor. ....because nobody really gives a shit about the most vulnerable do they? angryangry
The rich will be getting richer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now