Talk

Advanced search

To think it's Etopic?!?

(10 Posts)
Housequeen101 Tue 30-May-17 22:05:15

On Monday I had to have an internal scan as I had bad period cramping, back pain and pain in my shoulder. On Monday I was exactly 6 weeks, they couldn't see anything, they confirmed "I'm pregnant" but said to go back in a week for another scan. Should you be able to see everything at 6 weeks?

Doctors won't rule out Etopic until Monday's scan.

I'm aware this isn't an "AIBU" thread, but I'm going out of my mind with worry and there's always lots more traffic here.

Thank you

Housequeen101 Tue 30-May-17 22:12:32

* anyone else not been able to see anything at 6 weeks and everything been ok?

BlondeB83 Tue 30-May-17 22:22:31

As they say with your symptoms you can't rule out ectopic pregnancy but I think you should be able to see everything at 7 weeks at the latest if it's a viable pregnancy.

PandasRock Tue 30-May-17 22:27:04

Are you having your bhcg levels monitored?

From my experience, the only pregnancy where the scan was inconclusive was ectopic, sorry.

I wouldn't be happy waiting a week with a possible ectopic pregnancy without further close monitoring - is there anything else being done at all?

PeanutButterJellyTimeforTea Tue 30-May-17 22:31:15

There are other, more likely reasons, for an inconclusive scan

Amanduh Tue 30-May-17 22:35:02

I know of several people who have just had empty sacs showing at 6 week scans, and baby appeared on their next one. Was there literally nothing at all on the scan?

HazzaB89 Tue 30-May-17 22:37:41

You should be having your bloods repeated in 48 hours if it's suspected ectopic. Waiting a week isn't good enough. You need to get back in touch with the EPU or your GP if they refuse to check your levels in 48 hours.

MsPavlichenko Tue 30-May-17 22:37:50

I had those symptons with an ectopic pregnancy, I'm afraid. I was also having fairly constant bleeding.

I hope that everything works out well, but please take no chances. If the pain worsens, or you are just worried get back in. Ectopic pregnancy is potentially very dangerous so don't sit at home if you feel you need help.

Sorry you are going through this, and thinking of you.

sarebear1983 Tue 30-May-17 22:43:44

I had to go for a scan because I was bleeding after a positive test. The first scan at 5-6 weeks showed something that was most likely a pregnancy but the final stage wasn't there so we had to go a week later at around 7 weeks for another scan.
They confirmed the pregnancy at that scan and we now have a healthy boy who is 12 weeks tomorrow smile
I know it's hard and the time will drag but try and distract yourself, relax and try not to worry xxx

Hotwaterbottle1 Tue 30-May-17 22:47:14

I had this & I was pregnant, he is now 16! It was an ovarian cyst caused by fertility treatment causing the pain which eventually just dissolved. Like others say though don't wait a week. Go back if the pain worsens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now