Talk

Advanced search

Phone memory: is bigger better

(13 Posts)
ciele Tue 30-May-17 21:38:52

Am going to treat myself to a new phone.
Currently only have 8gig which is infuriating.
Aibu wanting at least 32g?

FlipflopsOrWellieboots Tue 30-May-17 21:43:50

Definitely go for a bigger memory. The operating system takes up more and more as they update it, so it's better to have more than you need....

TheFifthKey Tue 30-May-17 21:45:21

I have 128gb and I don't regret it for a second. So nice to never ever worry about space.

AtMidnight Wed 31-May-17 08:13:53

It isn't memory you're talking about but yes, more storage space is better.

Think about what you do with your phone. If you want to keep lots of music and videos on it and you'll transfer these via a computer then think about getting an Android phone with an SD slot. If it's to have lots of apps installed then make sure to check that that particular operating system and model allow you to put apps on external storage. Some don't.

Really, 32Gb is fine for 99% of people.

Kokusai Wed 31-May-17 08:15:49

I've got 128.

I'd never go back to anything smaller. Music, TV shows, audio books, maps, all my photos.

Kokusai Wed 31-May-17 08:16:56

My work phone is 16gb and is CONSTANTLY full and all it has on there is the OS and work related stuff and about 100 photos.

RestlessTravellerTheSequel Wed 31-May-17 08:20:14

I have 128, I think with the newer mod las the lowest you can get is 64

OnionKnight Wed 31-May-17 08:20:22

I've got 256GB, after having 32GB this is amazing grin

RestlessTravellerTheSequel Wed 31-May-17 08:21:11

* models

Millionsmom Wed 31-May-17 08:25:09

After years with a phone with only 16gb AND an SD card with 32gb I finally had enough of it telling me every time it needed an update the memory was too full to take said update. I'd put everything not essential to the running of the phone - pictures, music, apps etc - onto said SD card, but every stinking time the same message. So I took it to one of those second shops and traded it in for a phone that came with 128 gb.
It was the BEST decision I've ever made phone wise. No more stupid ' can't update ' messages, my music doesn't need extra software to download from my comp and I can finally FaceTime my DGC! Oh and I had £120 knocked off my new to me phone by trading the old one in.
The more memory the better I say.

ciele Wed 31-May-17 08:32:48

Thank you.
I'm an I phone addict and a decent camera.
I'm near the end of my contract with EE for 5c that costs over £25 a month so any recommendations what to get gratefully received.
I use my iPad a great deal.

ciele Wed 31-May-17 08:33:12

Should say.. Want a decent camera!

araiwa Wed 31-May-17 09:01:20

yabu
yabu
yabu
yabuyabu
yabuyabu
yabuyabu
yabuyabu
yabuyabu
yabuyabu
yabuyabu
yabuyabu
yabuyabu
yabuyabu
yabuyabu
yabuyabu
yabu

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now