Talk

Advanced search

to wonder if there is a way to reduce the size of your pores and get rid of spots on a 40 years old face ?!

(34 Posts)
CheshireDing Tue 30-May-17 20:33:24

You would think by 40 I would be spot free (well that's what my Parents used to tell me when I was a spotty teenager anyway).

Nope still got spots on my nose, lots and lots and when I use my special spot tool and 7x magnifying mirror I get rid of all the gross blackheads but then am left with big open pores on my nose.

I know I could put cold water on them but that's only a temporary measure surely, plus that still doesn't stop the blackheads.

Any modern words of wisdom appreciated or is there just no hope of me ever being spot free, sigh hmm

BrightonBelleCat Tue 30-May-17 20:38:27

No idea but will watch with interest as I'm in same boat. I've tried everything now started nicking the 15 year olds cream.

CheshireDing Tue 30-May-17 20:58:02

Ah but does the 15 years old cream help ? smile

Maybe I should try the babies bottom cream !

WildBelle Tue 30-May-17 21:01:55

I started taking L-lysine supplement and it's worked miracles for my acne. It's only a fiver or so for a pot of them. Takes a couple of weeks to kick in but really worked for me.

Charley50 Tue 30-May-17 21:02:35

Do you use a primer? Brilliant for large pores.

Want2beme Tue 30-May-17 21:11:47

Not sure I can help with the pores but about 2 months ago I started using Neutrogena Visibly Clear Spot Stress Control face scrub. I've had spots since the age of 18, am now 50 & I thought I'd never get rid. I haven't had a spot since using the scrub & within the first week all my spots were gone. I heard a dermatological nurse talking on the radio about it and thought I'd give it a go & it's worked!

CheshireDing Tue 30-May-17 21:20:15

What's a primer ? Is it the facial equivalent of a wood primer to fill in holes ? smile

Will look up the other suggestions too thank you.

moutonfou Tue 30-May-17 21:22:57

That's interesting Want2beme, I'll have to make a note and try it. I just seem to get rid of the red blotch from one spot when another appears angry

WeddingsAreStressful Tue 30-May-17 21:26:47

Watching with interest. I'm 30 and I still get blackheads + the occasional nasty red+yellow puss pimples...Am I forever doomed to have a spotty face??

My mum tells me I'll have less wrinkles because of my greasy skin...something to be grateful for, I guess

Domino20 Tue 30-May-17 21:29:03

L'oreal Extraordinary Oil, has done wonders for my pores. It's more than I was used to spending on a skin product but it lasts for ages and at 46 I needed the help!

fuckwitery Tue 30-May-17 21:30:38

Maybeline baby skin. Put it on 5 mins before you do your make up. It literally fills up your pores and gives you "baby skin". But you have to let it set for 5 mins.

I have huge pores. As does DM so it's hereditary and little I can do but mask.

This is a game changer. And it's super cheap.

Sleeperandthespindle Tue 30-May-17 21:31:09

I use la Roche posay decleor. When I run out/ get bored of it, the spots come back. Then I remember it again and they disappear like magic.

Owllady Tue 30-May-17 21:31:25

I have had a hydradermia (??m) facial and it gets rid of those hard white milk spots, blackheads etc
But if you have bad acne you need to see a gp

Vinorosso74 Tue 30-May-17 21:35:03

I still have an oily nose and chin, blackheads and large pores. I am awaiting a miraculous cure!

secondhoneymoon Tue 30-May-17 21:41:04

I have large pores. I bought some witch hazel recently and am using after cleansing and I'm sure it's starting to make a difference. It does stink but the smell doesn't linger

usernamealreadytaken Tue 30-May-17 21:43:47

Surely the primer stuff just fills the pores and makes them worse? I'm in a similar situation skin-wise, and am having a course of diamond dermabrasion. I had microdermabrasion before and that helped a little, but the diamond seems more "scrubby" and there's a definite improvement on one large open pore.

Arealhumanbeing Tue 30-May-17 21:44:34

Do you do anything else in terms of a skincare routine. Have you tried hot cloth cleansing and a glycolic toner?

Liz Earle cleanser and Pixi Glow tonic are excellent.

LurpakIstheOnlyButter Tue 30-May-17 21:46:25

clarins do a pore minimising serum. I use it, it really works

LucieLucie Tue 30-May-17 21:47:32

Me too, tried everything over the years...even bleach when I was at my lowest point of despair sadblush

I now think there's a link (for my skin anyway) with me consuming wheat/dairy. I get awful lumpy spits round my chin and jawline (hormonal) as well as spots round my nose.

happypoobum Tue 30-May-17 21:48:39

Me too! I do look a lot younger than I am though (no wrinkles) as a result so I guess that is something grin

I use Benefit Porefessional and that polyfillas in the pores nicely but I have never found anything that would stop the odd spot or three appearing sad

LucieLucie Tue 30-May-17 21:48:42

Spots not spits, bloody sausage fingers!! blush

Want2beme Tue 30-May-17 21:55:36

moutonfou, it's uncanny. I really didn't think it'd make any difference. I keep expecting to wake up in the morning and find myself covered in them. It's really weird not having spots after so many years. The nurse was asked to suggest a reasonably priced high street product and she recommended the Neutrogena one. Products that work must have the ingredient salicylic.

987flowers Tue 30-May-17 22:30:49

I've had a whopper of a spot this week so in desperation I bought clearasil 4 hour rapid spot stuff and it has really helped. I've also noticed in the last couple of weeks large pores on my nose which look awful with make up. I posted in style and beauty and primer was recommended.

DisorderedAllsorts Tue 30-May-17 22:52:10

An asprin facial works wonders for my skin, makes it glow.

Also anything from the Nip n Fab range as it contains both glycolic and salicylic acids.

millymollymandy82 Tue 30-May-17 22:53:19

Following

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now