Talk

Advanced search

To offer to other party

(6 Posts)
StillRunningWithScissors Tue 30-May-17 20:24:26

Good old Facebook free cycle site issue that seems to be common place now.

I've listed a few items for free. Had someone contact me wanting two of the listings. I replied quickly, confirmed a pick up day. Had to chase a bit for a time, but agreed.

After an hour past the arranged time I messaged to ask if they were still able to make it. At an hour and a half with no reply I messaged to say I needed to go out, was leaving items outside for collection. Haves arrived home at four hours past the original pick up. Items still here, still no reply.

So, AIBU to contact the "second person in line" to say they can have them, and message her simply saying I've assumed no longer interested (not giving her a further chance to rearrange etc)?

Bloosh Tue 30-May-17 20:26:21

Of course

DancingOnTheTable Tue 30-May-17 20:27:21

Definitely.

Note3 Tue 30-May-17 20:29:35

Definitely. I'd also be inclined to not bother telling the first person and if they do turn up I'd just plead ignorance and said I left them outside as per my msg and they've gone grin

Chattymummyhere Tue 30-May-17 20:29:56

They are a no show regift as soon as you want.

StillRunningWithScissors Tue 30-May-17 21:03:38

Thanks everyone.

I am tempted to not message and feign surprise saying I was sure they'd picked up the item :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now