Talk

Advanced search

To buy this pram...

(62 Posts)
Teachervoice Tue 30-May-17 20:16:26

I love it but it's cream. Am I mad? DH thinks I am and we should get the Black and Tan version. Parents think I should have whatever I like because it's my PFB.

Give it to me straight.

DonaldStott Tue 30-May-17 20:18:22

I think you would be mad to buy a cream pram. Lugging it in and out the car boot. Bumping into things etc. It will be rotten in a matter of weeks.

NotAnotherUserName5 Tue 30-May-17 20:19:31

It's lovely, but having had 3 children I would worry about marks to the fabrics.

I deliberately bought my sons pushchair recently in black for this reason.

Although, bottom line is buy he one you like!

cookielove Tue 30-May-17 20:20:48

Can you scotch guard it?

here

ArchieStar Tue 30-May-17 20:20:47

Looks lovely but I would want something darker, as PP has said, all the moving and walks etc, dirt shows up so easily :/ congratulations btw!

throwawaythekey Tue 30-May-17 20:21:00

In my experience it's more likely to be stained by sick.... which is white anyway right? If your planning on country walks though it might get muddy if it's rained.

PancakesAndMapleSyrup Tue 30-May-17 20:21:16

No. Just no. It will look disgusting and grubby within weeks and like you are carrying your child around in a flea pit. Find a darker colour to mask the dirt!!!!

NapQueen Tue 30-May-17 20:22:35

The Mamas and Papas Armadillo Flip is very similar with good colour options and the tan leather handle etc.

Smellbellina Tue 30-May-17 20:23:03

I have a black buggy, it is absolutely covered in white marks. As is my black top ever since I got in from work this evening.
If you like the cream, have the cream.

Sionella Tue 30-May-17 20:25:24

It's lovely but it will get borked sad

We went for red and it is now grey. Whereas our friends who went for blue still have a nice pristine pram.

stella23 Tue 30-May-17 20:26:32

Surely your dhs opinion is more valid than your parents

Teachervoice Tue 30-May-17 20:26:45

You are all very sensible and I know you are right! I'm very sad about it though.

So what do we think of this one then?

Teachervoice Tue 30-May-17 20:28:18

@stella23 not really. All agreed that it's my choice completely so I'm just collecting opinions. Ultimately don't think my husband gives a rat's arse.

HoneyDragon Tue 30-May-17 20:28:43

I'd by the navy and tan and get the matching tan leather bag wink

DreamingofItaly Tue 30-May-17 20:28:49

I love the cream. I'd buy the cream.

throwawaythekey Tue 30-May-17 20:29:20

@Teachervoice does the pram come with other attachments? My baby hated being laid down and we had to change it to the pram attachment at 4 months.

Catdogcat Tue 30-May-17 20:29:39

We have this pram in black. It's gorgeous.

I loved the cream but also thought it'd get filthy.

gunting Tue 30-May-17 20:32:07

I was a cheapo (even with the pfb) and I spent £300 on the pram. My son was born giant and he was too big for it by 7 months so I'm glad I didn't go wild!

Teachervoice Tue 30-May-17 20:32:26

@DreamingofItaly you're like the devil on my shoulder! 

@throwawaythekey yes, comes with pram attachment which is apparently suitable up to 3 years.

@Catdogcat do you have the jurassic black or the black and tan? How have you found it's practicality? I've heard good things!

throwawaythekey Tue 30-May-17 20:34:02

If the pram archenemy is cream too then yes, in all honesty it's going to get ditched by muddy feet and crumbs. I'd go dark but if you like it then get it.

ballerinabelle Tue 30-May-17 20:34:43

I always think those prams are for those who can afford to buy two prams. One for show (like the one above) and one for taking out and about and getting manky. Don't buy it OP, unless you're in the category I've just mentioned

Teachervoice Tue 30-May-17 20:35:05

@gunting can def see why that's a good idea. Sort of feel, in a twisted way, that the face full of acne, horrendous bloating and general misery I'm currently enduring entitle me to partaking in a little bit of luxury!

Only joking but hoping this will last for at least one more future child.

stella23 Tue 30-May-17 20:36:00

Fair enough if he doesn't care, mind didn't either. Theres a nice elephant grey oram around maybe iwhitr similar, but might not get as dirty.

stella23 Tue 30-May-17 20:36:57

Ffs grey pram which looks similar.

Teachervoice Tue 30-May-17 20:38:16

@ballerinabelle think you're probably right. Definitely won't count myself in that category so will be sensible and go for a darker colour.

@stella23 grey is definitely an option. I can't make my mind up whether black is smart or boring?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now