Talk

Advanced search

To ask for a refund???

(49 Posts)
K1092902 Tue 30-May-17 18:26:12

I'm seething. Paid for a hotel break for me and DP for the week.

Arrived last night- it was very late but the hotel explained on booking this would not be an issue and somebody would be there to greet us. I'm aware it may of pissed off some other guests but unavoidable as my car broke down over the weekend and had to wait for DSIS to lend us hers after work as we couldn't get a refund and she was coming to collect it tonight for work tomorrow (we are only staying an hour away)

Somebody has smashed my windscreen. Manager completely unbothered and they don't have CCTV where the car was parked. He said he would send someone out to sweep the broken glass but after waiting 3 hours we did it ourselves after asking for a brush at reception.

So now it's costing me for a new windscreen for DSIS car who is also seething as Autoglass is quoting at least 5 days for them to just get the glass never mind arranging an appointment.

Currently awaiting AA relay who say it can take 4 hours to arrive as they are so busy.

Seething so don't want to stay for the rest of the week. AIBU to ask for a refund?

Familyof3or4 Tue 30-May-17 18:27:45

I don't see that it's the fault of the hotel tbh

UrethaFranklin Tue 30-May-17 18:28:36

I don't think you should ask for a refund, no. Why is it the hotels fault that some idiot smashed your windscreen?

BumWad Tue 30-May-17 18:29:58

Why is it the hotels fault?

YABU

BabytoBoris Tue 30-May-17 18:30:12

Why would it have pusses off other guests?

I'm not sure that there is any grounds for you to be owed a refund.

Pinkheart5917 Tue 30-May-17 18:30:34

The window screen isn't the fault of the hotel, normally the car park will say parked at your own risk

It's not the hotels fault your car was broken and you arrived late

It's not the hotel fault autoglass don't have any glass or that aa will be four hours.

It's not the hotels fault that your seething

Why do you want the refund for???

BabytoBoris Tue 30-May-17 18:30:34

*pissed

HaudYerWheeshtBawbag Tue 30-May-17 18:32:23

Why is it the hotels fault, did you contact the police and get a crime reference number?

ShapelyBingoWing Tue 30-May-17 18:33:30

It's shit but it's not something the hotel is responsible for. YABU

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Tue 30-May-17 18:34:09

A refund for what? You had your hotel stay.

harderandharder2breathe Tue 30-May-17 18:34:26

None of this is the hotels fault

Why would you arriving late bother other guests?

HarrietKettleWasHere Tue 30-May-17 18:34:59

I'm really unsure who should issue you with a refund confused

You were late because all this happened or it happened because you got to the hotel late?

BandeauSally Tue 30-May-17 18:35:56

confused

Did you call the police?

LIZS Tue 30-May-17 18:36:06

Hotels always limit their liability for damage sustained in car parks. Surely if autoglass can't help another company might. You can't leave until the car is fixed so why not stay as planned. Will AA even cover you under your dsis policy?

Tiptoethr0ughthetulips Tue 30-May-17 18:36:15

Not the hotels fault I'm afraid.

Redglitter Tue 30-May-17 18:37:12

Can't see what grounds you have for asking for a refund. It's not their fault someone broke your windscreen

So yes YABU

pasturesgreen Tue 30-May-17 18:37:59

Adding my voice to the chorus of those failing to see how this is the hotel's fault in any way.

Also the fact repairs will take a few days is neither here nor there and, again, totally unrelated to the hotel.

Boynamedsue Tue 30-May-17 18:41:10

Op, has your sister checked her insurance? Every policy I've ever had has had free windscreen cover and it doesn't effect your no claims, not sure if this counts if your windscreen is deliberately smashed though. Sorry I know I've missed the point of the thread somewhat there!

LedaP Tue 30-May-17 18:48:45

So you want then to give you the m9ney back for the week you booked one day in?

Of course yabu.

You always park at your own risk. Not their fault your car broke down, the window was smashed, it will take ages to fix etc.

sharklovers Tue 30-May-17 18:50:45

Op, has your sister checked her insurance? Every policy I've ever had has had free windscreen cover and it doesn't effect your no claims

There'll be an excess, usually around £80. Most fully comp policies will have glass cover and shouldn't affect no claims discount.

tickwhitetick Tue 30-May-17 18:51:41

Why would the hotel refund you confused

BritInUS1 Tue 30-May-17 18:52:30

I don't understand why this is the fault of the hotel - I wouldn't be expecting a refund

ElphabaStrop Tue 30-May-17 18:54:32

You should report it as criminal damage and get a crime number, in case the insurance company needs one. Unfortunate that the hotel has no CCTV in the car park but that's just one of those things.

Why would you arriving v late annoy the other guests? Were you planning to make a lot of noise? And why are you seething at the hotel? I'm confused as to why you think it's the hotel's fault.

GOASTT Tue 30-May-17 18:55:23

Are you suggesting a hotel guest smashed your windscreen because you arrived late?

EverythingEverywhere1234 Tue 30-May-17 18:57:12

How's your windscreen being broken, as shit as that is, anything at all to do with the hotel? confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now