Talk

Advanced search

To be sick and tired of teenagers! Aibu to want them to go back to when they were 4.

(109 Posts)
ILoveFairyCakes123 Tue 30-May-17 15:41:04

I'm a sahm and nothing is worse than a house full of teenagers at half term.

I'm sick of
1. Being asked for lifts everywhere like I'm a taxi driver.
2. Being asked for money
3. Having to hear petty drama about them not sharing the television, or for stealing an iPhone charger or for hogging the PlayStation.
4. For the constant arguments and bitchiness.

I have 4 teenage girls from dd17 dd 16 dsd 14, dd 14 and 3 teenage boys ds17, dss17 dss17 (twins).

I can't stand it I'm not looking forward to summer at all.

Sparklingbrook Tue 30-May-17 15:43:47

7 teenagers? <faints>

jimijack Tue 30-May-17 15:47:00

Back to being 4!!! Are you deranged!!!
The screaming tantrums, Refusal to tidy up, walk, eat, sleep, not run in the road, not run out of the supermarket doors, legit across the car park, refusal to put coat,shoes,socks on. Refusal to get in the car, house, bed,bath, shower. Demanding biscuits for breakfast, the constant "mummyeeee",

I wish I'd got a cat instead.

Freshprincess Tue 30-May-17 15:47:01

Well I was about to come on and moan about mine. But I've only got 2 so feel like a lightweight!
I'd be hiding in the wardrobe if I were you.

WindyScales Tue 30-May-17 15:47:50

Wow! You have my deepest sympathies flowers

JennyOnAPlate Tue 30-May-17 15:49:04

Have you got a shed? Go and hide in it with wine.

ElectricDreamers Tue 30-May-17 15:52:42

Four 17 year olds and a 16 year old? shock

OddBoots Tue 30-May-17 15:53:16

That's a lot of teenagers to have in the house at once. At least they are old enough that you can go out and leave them to it though.

I'd imagine that one or more of the older ones will be off to University in a yer or two too. You'll have an empty nest soon enough.

ElectricDreamers Tue 30-May-17 15:53:45

Ahh just realised some are dss's

papayasareyum Tue 30-May-17 15:54:02

I only have two teenagers and have the exact same problems as you op, but seven???! SEVEN???????? Seven teenagers? Fuck me, I'd be on the wine at breakfast time....

ALemonyPea Tue 30-May-17 15:55:54

How are you not drowning yourself in a vat of wine by now? 7 teenagers, you poor soul.

I have one teenager, a preteen and an 8 year old and at the end of my thether, and it's just day 2 of the half term. I too long for the days when they were preschoolers, at least they were compliant and went to sleep at a normal time.

Tissunnyupnorth Tue 30-May-17 15:58:15

I'm bowing down in awe!

Kokusai Tue 30-May-17 15:59:08

Seven teenagers? OMG.

ILoveFairyCakes123 Tue 30-May-17 15:59:46

I don't know how I would survive luckily as we have blended family it's rare we have all 7. Usually it's 3/4. But on rare occasions like half terms we can have 7 at once wine

BewtySkoolDropowt Tue 30-May-17 16:00:22

Awww, I'm one of these weirdos that would keep my kids as teenagers if I could. But then I only ever had two to deal with... I'd probably want them to be 40 rather than 4 if I had 7...

isaulte Tue 30-May-17 16:02:24

I've only got one 16 year old and the toddler years were a walk in the park compared to this.

YANBU.

The80sweregreat Tue 30-May-17 16:04:51

At least the older ones can go out on their own during the holidays, bus into town or something, but the younger ones it is a bit harder to keep them amused i suppose and it sounds as if they argue a fair bit.
No wonder your dreading the summer hols - its a shame the UK dont have summer camps as they do America for teens.
Are you going on holiday to break things up a bit in August?

ILoveFairyCakes123 Tue 30-May-17 16:10:14

The thing is we do have buses but we are quite far from any bus stop and they tend to be quite patchy.

ILoveFairyCakes123 Tue 30-May-17 16:11:36

Are you going on holiday to break things up a bit in August?

Yes we are going to Italy in the summer for two weeks. But the same thing just somewhere sunnier.

histinyhandsarefrozen Tue 30-May-17 16:18:45

No way should you go back to being four. You need to leap ahead to when they're twenty-four!

FlyingElbows Tue 30-May-17 16:20:11

Seven?!!!! How have you not thrown yourself into the road? The only thing worse than seven teenagers would be seven four year olds!

The80sweregreat Tue 30-May-17 16:21:48

Its a shame your not closer to facilities - my second one is 20 and cant drive, once he is back from Uni it will be the same - can you drive me to my friends, it would be hours on two buses otherwise, so i am dreading him being about wanting lifts etc and cabs are a small fortune and we are not rural at all ( sometimes i make him take the bus of course, but its not always practical for timings)
I hope your holiday will be nice though, just try to make the best of it. teen years can be tricky and they are not as easily pleased as they are when they are little.

ILoveFairyCakes123 Tue 30-May-17 16:23:57

The trouble is they are all competitive especially the boys and it results in arguments and in the moderator while dad is at work.

Notalotterywinner Tue 30-May-17 16:30:02

Change the wifi password and refuse to give it back until you agree on setting up a decent timetable for the week.

Re chargers etc get them to label them, re money demands, qualify what it is for, if its reasonable and then offer it but in return for something, cooking/cleaning/shopping or similar.

It won't be much longer, when they start driving/off to University or work then things will ease.

You deserve all these gin wine halo cake

mummabearfoyrbabybears Tue 30-May-17 16:30:20

I'd go back to about 6 months, i.e. when they couldn't move! I have four, not all teenagers yet though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now